Let's shop Lee...

IlliniKrush

I think we could get LA to overpay for Carlos Lee, which would open a spot for Everett in left (he CANNOT play center), and then have rowand and harris platoon in center. If Konerko starts hitting, we'd have way too many at bats. LA needs a stick really really bad and i think we could get some value from them. Maybe some immediate bullpen help or some prospects.

The Dodgers need offense and we have it to trade, but assuming that our need is another starter or a closer to help out, I don't think LA is going to give is anyone. Ashby might be available, but he is not what the Sox need. He is about a 5-6 inning guy and we already have that covered.

I still say just keep lee and everett, unless we get ponson.

We're definitely, positively, 100% not getting Sidney. Unless it's via FA. Baltimore will not do the trade without some HUGE incentives.

Use Lee to acquire Ponson and Ligthenberg.

Now if a Carlos Lee package can get Perez and Mota or another reliever then I wouldn't have a problem with that either.

I highly doubt we could get Perez. He is just to good of a talent from the left side and in that division they need all the talented lefties they could use.

I don't know about you guys, but I would gladly take Guerillmo Mota(I just slaughtered his first name) for Lee straight up. That then moves Everett to LF, where he's more comfortable, and we can then move someone else into CF. I kind of knew that when we got Everett, we would go back to the way we were hitting before.

I don't know about you guys, but I would gladly take Guerillmo Mota(I just slaughtered his first name) for Lee straight up. That then moves Everett to LF, where he's more comfortable, and we can then move someone else into CF.  I kind of knew that when we got Everett, we would go back to the way we were hitting before.

I would do that to. I just think Dan Evans is to stupid to realize that the only way he will improve the hitting on his team and ultimatly his whole team is trading some of his pitching(Mota or Ashby.). But I doubt he will ever see this and ultimatly not make any trades for hitters.

I find it curious that with our pitching in 3rd in the AL and our hitting in 13th that people would want to trade the little bit of decent hitting we have for some ?????able at best pitching.

I take it that is mainly our starting pitching, correct?

Have you seen our bullpen pitch, or have you seen our bullpen's stats? We've had two pitchers in the pen be good all year, those two being Marte and Gordon. Koch has hardly been able to hit 93, let alone the 97 or 98 we were promised, White has, for the most part, sucked, Glover has gotten little work in, and Wunsch has been on the DL for some time now.

The offense is starting to come around, and if we could get Mota for the pen for Lee, it would then put Everett in LF(where he is not only more comfortable defensively, but that is where he has put up his best offensive numbers as well), and it gives us a much improved OF defense.

I am really starting to love CLee...but if we could get a good arm for him, it's worth trading him.

Witesoxfan has got it down correctly

The starting pitching is stellar, but how many damn games have we blown in the late innings? Here's the thing now without Koch closing. You now have to take one of your setup guys, Marte or Gordon, and put them in the closer role. That means you have to replace a setup guy. If Koch can't pitch the 9th, why would you want him pitching the 8th? IMO, he pitches way earlier than that and less often. He's not going to magically be great just cuz he pitches the 8th. So you need another setup guy. You either throw White in that role (ehhhhhh), or you acquire someone like Mota. Besides, where in the hell would we put another bat? There's no room!

Witesoxfan has got it down correctly

The starting pitching is stellar, but how many damn games have we blown in the late innings? Here's the thing now without Koch closing. You now have to take one of your setup guys, Marte or Gordon, and put them in the closer role. That means you have to replace a setup guy. If Koch can't pitch the 9th, why would you want him pitching the 8th? IMO, he pitches way earlier than that and less often. He's not going to magically be great just cuz he pitches the 8th. So you need another setup guy. You either throw White in that role (ehhhhhh), or you acquire someone like Mota. Besides, where in the hell would we put another bat? There's no room!

I agree.

Shuey, Quantrill, or Mota would be a great acquisition for our pen.

Especially once Kelly Wunsch comes off the DL, this makes our pen even stronger.

I also wouldn't mind getting another starting pitcher. I'm not sure if Odalis Perez is the answer though.

CWSOX45

The 3 guys you named are all lights out nasty, i'd LOVE to have one of them, especially if this team is going to the playoffs, where every late inning pitched could decide the series.

I don't think Perez is available...he's having an off year, but i think he's a pretty good arm and will be a cornerstone of that franchise for a while. Probly would take a lot to get him (more than Lee). Maybe if it's not too much more, i'd be a fan of it. At times (like his last start) he looks unhittable.

I have to think Odalis was available. Up until Kevin Brown has been having small nagging injuries. Once LA us sure Brown is healthy, I could see them trading him. They have such great pitching, and the worst offense in the NL. They know they need a bat, and a good bat such as Carlos Lee would cost a decent pitcher.

I take it that is mainly our starting pitching, correct?

Have you seen our bullpen pitch, or have you seen our bullpen's stats?  We've had two pitchers in the pen be good all year, those two being Marte and Gordon.  Koch has hardly been able to hit 93, let alone the 97 or 98 we were promised, White has, for the most part, sucked, Glover has gotten little work in, and Wunsch has been on the DL for some time now.

The offense is starting to come around, and if we could get Mota for the pen for Lee, it would then put Everett in LF(where he is not only more comfortable defensively, but that is where he has put up his best offensive numbers as well), and it gives us a much improved OF defense. 

I am really starting to love CLee...but if we could get a good arm for him, it's worth trading him.

Yes White sucked maybe the 1st month and half but since then he has pitched well. And to me that is no suprise if you saw him pitch last year. He gets better as the season goes on and IMO we need to stick with him.

I don't agree that Perez is available. The Dodger brass has to decide quickly if they are in it this year. Right now they are 6.5 games out, and sliding. If they don't add a stick soon, they will throw in the towel. Maybe they already have. They have to have some decent prospects available for Lee.