even schu saw it coming.....

Guest hotsoxchick1

Guest hotsoxchick1

i found this little article when i was searching around other cities news paper sites... thought it interesting in the 8th paragraph, schus opinion on the sox and where it was all headed... i think it speaks for itsself and wanted to share it with you all if you havent already seen it...... ill post the article in its entirety...then we can discuss..........lol......( i marked the paragraph for you all with **** so you could spot easily what i was talking about).....

BOSTON -- Former Chicago White Sox general manager Ron Schueler was interviewed for the same position with the Boston Red Sox.

Team president Larry Lucchino said Tuesday the interview with Schueler was ''very positive.''

Schueler stepped down as general manager of the White Sox two years ago to concentrate on scouting. He resigned from the organization in September.

Lucchino also expressed frustration over an unanswered request to interview Oakland Athletics general manager Billy Beane, who signed four-year contract extension this spring.

''There's a rule against tampering, and you must make a request'' to interview another team's employee, Lucchino said. ''But there's a protocol of timely, courteous replies to those requests and I can't understand why we have not heard anything yet.''

Red Sox interim GM Mike Port, who replaced the fired Dan Duquette in the spring, is ''certainly'' a candidate, said Lucchino. ''Hopefully Mike will be with the Red Sox for a long time to come, either as general manager or in some other capacity,'' he said.

Schueler, 54, turned over the GM title to Ken Williams after the 2000 season so he could work as a scout and special consultant to owner Jerry Reinsdorf. Schueler was the team's general manager for 10 years and stepped down after Chicago won the AL Central in 2000.

******Schueler left the position on good terms with the White Sox, but said he was disappointed with the slide in team chemistry the past two years.********

During Schueler's tenure, the White Sox released Carlton Fisk, traded Sammy Sosa, signed Michael Jordan and brought in the temperamental Albert Belle. The White Sox were 817-734 and went to the playoffs in 1993 and 2000.

Schueler pitched for Atlanta, Philadelphia, Minnesota and the White Sox in the 1970s, posting a 40-48 record and a 4.08 ERA over eight seasons.

In September, Schueler said he would like to run a team again.

''I missed it,'' he said then. ''There's a lot of stress in the job, a lot of time that has to be devoted to it. But it gets in your blood.''

The Red Sox are also scheduling an interview with Philadelphia Phillies scouting director Mike Arbuckle, 51.

In addition to Schueler and Arbuckle, Lucchino said he has interviewed one candidate and is setting up an interview for another. He would not identify either candidate.

that isn't a suprise quote. he said when he left, that is the reason he left.

I think his whole beef has been with teh signing of such players like Clayton and Lofton.

personally though, I can't side with Schueler. because if it was up to Schueler, he would sent ball players with diapers onto the field. he wants nothing to do with old guys unless it's a wore down catcher.

good thing about Schueler is that he's capable of building an organization, bad thing is he has know idea how to take the next step.

Originally posted by Molto

that isn't a suprise quote.  he said when he left, that is the reason he left.

I think his whole beef has been with teh signing of such players like Clayton and Lofton.

personally though, I can't side with Schueler.  because if it was up to Schueler, he would sent ball players with diapers onto the field.  he wants nothing to do with old guys unless it's a wore down catcher. 

good thing about Schueler is that he's capable of building an organization, bad thing is he has know idea how to take the next step.

What if the "ball players with diapers" aren't ready "to take the next step?" Borchard wasn't ready for CF so KW picked up Lofton. Harris has been rushed too. Not to mention it will be interesting to see how Jimenez does if he is named a starter at 2B or SS. And look how long Crede was down in the minors this year when he should have been with the Sox from Opening Day. If Schueler was hesitant to go with young players, then KW is the same way. We only saw the young guys after we were, for all intents and purposes, eliminated. :mad:

you turned around what I said.

what I said is that if Schueler had his way, kids with diapers would be on the field. meaning he always looks to the future and wants young guys on the field.

he's never been a fan of getting vets and going for it all. Schueler always looked 5 years down the road.

that is one way to look at why he would not like the way the team is going.

Originally posted by Molto

you turned around what I said.

what I said is that if Schueler had his way, kids with diapers would be on the field.  meaning he always looks to the future and wants young guys on the field. 

he's never been a fan of getting vets and going for it all.  Schueler always looked 5 years down the road.

that is one way to look at why he would not like the way the team is going. 

but KW cant look 5 inches past his nose:eek

Schueler did a good job getting the talent on the field, but nothing ever came out of it.

KW has done a good job putting talent on the field and nothing has came out of it yet for him too.

The difference is KW is hated, Schu wasn't and secondly KW seems more willing to pull the big trade and bring in the vets.

Both are really smart baseball men, and from what I have heard Schu was the better one when it came to trusting people and not putting spies everywhere, but I think KW has the better shot of putting a world series team on the Southside.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Schueler did a good job getting the talent on the field, but nothing ever came out of it.

KW has done a good job putting talent on the field and nothing has came out of it yet for him too.

The difference is KW is hated, Schu wasn't and secondly KW seems more willing to pull the big trade and bring in the vets.

Both are really smart baseball men, and from what I have heard Schu was the better one when it came to trusting people and not putting spies everywhere, but I think KW has the better shot of putting a world series team on the Southside.

schu did get us good talent... schu did field it as well... kw has gotten us cancers and me firsts....and fielded them and look at what happened the past two years... absoultely nothing... schu is a great scout when it comes to talent..... he knows what to look for.. kw hasnt figured that out yet, and its possible he never will.. he relies too much on other peoples word.......kw also takes big chances that no one else will because they know it wont work....kw will never have a shot at putting a world series team on the field becasue hes not capable of doing it with the way he runs things... he will always have a hostile, non trusting enviroment.......you dont win with spies, lies, and alibies...........

No, you don't win with lies, spies and all that other crap.

To me its a joke that KW has done this and I can only hope JR talks to him and fixes this problem. You can't field a competitive team if the players don't even feel they can trust going to their own coaches.

Guest hotsoxchick1

who were we under in 2000???? certianly wasnt kw... he came after we won.... i believe it was the direction of schu who took us to the division championship if im not wrong jas.........and the reason we didnt go all the way with him is because he was too infatuated with scouting instead of running a team........thats why he stepped down in the first place......

Yep, thats exactly it. The thing is, KW's just as good of a scout as Schueler, in my mind. The only difference is Schueler is a better guy, or at least thats how its percieved. I can't honestly say whats true or not becuase a lot of the time things get out in the news that just aren't true and people have to deal with raps their entire lifes because of it.

If you don't know the person or haven't talked to the person, then imo, its difficult to judge him on how good of a person he is.

Guest hotsoxchick1

let me tell you one thing about kenny williams.... HE IS NO SCOUT...... he has others around him to tell him the things he misses... hes been that way down below and hes that way up here.....he wouldnt know raw talent if it jumped up and smacked his ass..........well unless someone told him it was raw talent......thats your gm.....your kw... your man of the year whos going to drag this team so f***ing far into the depths of hell that they wont be able to rebound...... believe me things are just getting started around these parts......you watch and see what happens around spring training time....all hell will be breaking loose.... dont count on going too far this season .. things are not headed in that direction.........trust me on this one and if im wrong you can bring this up and gladly feed me my crow .... but mark my words now.... things are not going well and are going to continue to slide.............