Voting numbers

Mr. Showtime

Varitek received 3,210,509 votes. He was followed by Frank Thomas of the Chicago White Sox, Eric Byrnes of the Oakland A's, Jason Giambi of the New York Yankees and Bengie Molina of the Anaheim Angels.

In the NL voting, Jenkins received 2,872,200 votes to finish tops among the five candidates. He was followed by Benito Santiago of the San Francisco Giants, Kenny Lofton of the Pittsburgh Pirates, Orlando Cabrera of the Montreal Expos and Luis Castillo of the Florida Marlins.

Bummer. I did my best to help...

Frank, I've watched you play since you were a rookie here. I'd like to have seen you hit one out here at the All Star Game.

Now that I hear Giambi is being put in, I won't bother to watch.

Let's take some anger out on the Tigers, boys!

Forkit!

that was uncalled for Soxfan1, Rex was just saying the truth.

based on the numbers, Giambi is an acceptable pick. Frank should've gotten based on where it is played, but outside of that, his numbers weren't clear-cut all star numbers.

based on the numbers, Giambi is an acceptable pick.  Frank should've gotten based on where it is played, but outside of that, his numbers weren't clear-cut all star numbers.

Thanks Molto.

I have said it 10 times already and I will say it again. The players did not choose Frank and they chose Carl Everett instead. That is the biggest farce.

I read somewhere today that Frank didn't even finish second among DH's in the players tally. Not exactly sure how to read into that, but there has to be something to it.

based on the numbers, Giambi is an acceptable pick.  Frank should've gotten based on where it is played, but outside of that, his numbers weren't clear-cut all star numbers.

Thanks Molto.

I have said it 10 times already and I will say it again. The players did not choose Frank and they chose Carl Everett instead. That is the biggest farce.

I read somewhere today that Frank didn't even finish second among DH's in the players tally. Not exactly sure how to read into that, but there has to be something to it.

Hmmm you don't think it is that whole image thing do you? That is what happens when you don't have a good reputation. I keep saying that it matters what players and writers think of Frank but no one believes me. Unless he has a couple of outstanding seasons Frank will not be a first ballot HOFer too.