White Sox org middle infielders, 2009

NorthSideSox72

Its really interesting to see the sudden surge of middle infield talent the system has seen this year. Beckham, Escobar, Silverio, Miranda, V-Merc, Paiml, Mollenhauer, Persichina, Kuhn...

So, as a fun exercise, I think it would be fun to predict who will end up where in the system (what team, what position) to start 2009. What do people think?

My guesses...

CHARLOTTE

Hudson and V-Merc to rotate between SS and 2B, with Bourgeois and Getz going to the Sox bench

B-HAM

Paiml, Miranda and Persichina to rotate through SS, 2B (Paiml and Miranda being the nominal starters)

W-S

Beckham at SS, Escobar at 2B, Mollenhauer repeating and rotating through both positions

KANNY

Kuhn at SS, Avila at 2B

GF

Silverio at SS, ??? at 2B

As the season goes on, promotions will occur of course. Just curious about opening day 2009. One or more of these guys could end up traded too, which changes things.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 08:18 AM)
Well I dont think Dewayne Wise will be back next season, and who knows whats going to happen with Anderson. I definitely think that he could be a very capable 4th OF.

With the improvement Anderson has shown this season with the bat, I think that he probably would be starting for most teams that weren't carrying 6 OF's.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 11:03 AM)
Its really interesting to see the sudden surge of middle infield talent the system has seen this year. Beckham, Escobar, Silverio, Miranda, V-Merc, Paiml, Mollenhauer, Persichina, Kuhn...

So, as a fun exercise, I think it would be fun to predict who will end up where in the system (what team, what position) to start 2009. What do people think?

My guesses...

CHARLOTTE

Hudson and V-Merc to rotate between SS and 2B, with Bourgeois and Getz going to the Sox bench

B-HAM

Paiml, Miranda and Persichina to rotate through SS, 2B (Paiml and Miranda being the nominal starters)

W-S

Beckham at SS, Escobar at 2B, Mollenhauer repeating and rotating through both positions

KANNY

Kuhn at SS, Avila at 2B

GF

Silverio at SS, ??? at 2B

As the season goes on, promotions will occur of course. Just curious about opening day 2009. One or more of these guys could end up traded too, which changes things.

I have a feeling Beckham may start at Birmingham, especially if he impresses during ST.

I also wouldnt be surprised to see Miranda start at W-S since he didnt do too well there earlier this year and Escobar repeating (at least to begin with) Kanny. Escobar is still only 19 and in his first season of pro ball. While putting up respecatble numbers at Kanny so far, they dont merit an automatic promotion next year IMO.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 11:18 AM)
Well I dont think Dewayne Wise will be back next season, and who knows whats going to happen with Anderson. I definitely think that he could be a very capable 4th OF.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 11:23 AM)
With the improvement Anderson has shown this season with the bat, I think that he probably would be starting for most teams that weren't carrying 6 OF's.

That was my thinking in regards to Bourgeois as well - Anderson and Wise probably won't be in the org next season.

As for Beckham, since he will only have played a couple weeks in Kanny, I'd suspect he won't go all the way to B-Ham to start the season. He'll probably play fall or winter ball, and be in ST camp. But even then, I think they want him to start at High A, then if he rakes, promote in-season to B-Ham. Just my take.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 06:29 PM)
As for Beckham, since he will only have played a couple weeks in Kanny, I'd suspect he won't go all the way to B-Ham to start the season. He'll probably play fall or winter ball, and be in ST camp. But even then, I think they want him to start at High A, then if he rakes, promote in-season to B-Ham. Just my take.

It depends where and how he plays during Fall/Winter League ball for me. If he plays, and plays well in the AFL, then I would definatley start him at Birmingham, if he plays anywhere else during the offseason then I would probably start him at Winston-Salem.