This time it counts

Texsox

Guest hotsoxchick1
Barry strikes me a fairly moody individual.  Before he started chasing that record, he wouldn't even talk to the media.  Then you couldn't get him away from the post-game press conferences.  Now you can tell he's getting a bit sick of it again.  Besides everybody snaps and says something completely sarcastic at some point in their lives.  ;)

he just says it like it is.. nothing wrong with that.......if he doesnt want to play cause hes a grown man then so be it.... im not gonna lose any sleep over it........who gives a s*** anyhow..........after the way the allstar game ended last season i wouldnt want to play in it either.......its all a bunch of bull s*** anyhow.. another way to make more money off the already raped fans.........mho............

I couldn't have said it any better myself! I was only arguing the point that there are reasons other than I don't want to play factoring into it. Personally I don't care whether he plays or not. Barry Bonds is a bum as far as I'm concerned. Right on!!!!!!! :headbang :headbang

Whoops forgot to add the quote. But I was replying to you HotSoxChick! You're reply was dead on!

For the record... I've met him and I like him as a person and a player. He's never had an issue with talking about his personal matters before - perfect example when they were here playing. And I doubt he would start now.

I know a girl who used to be a "Pirates bat girl" and Bonds was a f***ing dickhead to her. She has all the Bucko's autograph from that year except one. Apparently he has gotten a lot better with age in that regard, but I sure wouldn't expect to like him in person. There are many more Barry Bonds is an asshole stories that I won't bother with because, it doesn't matter. He may have been good to you but I have a hard time believing Barry Bonds is a likeable guy most of the time.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Whoops forgot to add the quote.  But I was replying to you HotSoxChick!  You're reply was dead on!

well wether you like barry or dont... you cant blame him for his feelings and letting them be known........i happen to like him... i like the fact he doesnt take any s*** and hes not a yes man.......(i hate yes men with no backbone)...........if ya cant tell it like it is whats the point in talking........and his :fyou to bud and the way he operates things is just the icing on the cake........maybe if more guys said im not coming things could change???? :huh:

The funny thing is Bud's tyranny was put to the test when Carlos Tosca called Mike Scioscia and said you cannot pitch Roy Halladay. Bud decided to step in and say you have to pitch him at least one inning. It's disgusting that baseball is the only sport where the commissioner and the players are such enemies!! It's a winless power struggle that's just childish.

I don't particularly like Bond's but what he is doing I strongly support. Big Ups BARRY!!!! :mellow:

The funny thing is Bud's tyranny was put to the test when Carlos Tosca called Mike Scioscia and said you cannot pitch Roy Halladay.  Bud decided to step in and say you have to pitch him at least one inning.  It's disgusting that baseball is the only sport where the commissioner and the players are such enemies!!  It's a winless power struggle that's just childish. 

I don't particularly like Bond's but what he is doing I strongly support.  Big Ups BARRY!!!! :mellow:

That is because baseball is the ONLY sport where the Commish IS an owner. It is a doomed set up from the start. Selig doesn't have the interest of the game, only the interest of the owners.