Carlos Quentin has a broken wrist

Steve9347

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Sun-Times: Tests good so far, but awaiting more results this afternoon.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...x090508.article

Tests on Sox' Quentin 'good so far'

September 5, 2008

BY JOE COWLEY jcowley@suntimes.com

After further testing Thursday afternoon, early results on the MVP right forearm and wrist of White Sox left fielder Carlos Quentin were ‘‘good so far,’’ a team source said.

That doesn’t mean, however, that the Sox were ready to breathe a deep sigh of relief just yet as they await further opinion, expected by Friday afternoon.

Quentin, who leads the American League with 36 home runs and has been the Sox’ most consistent offensive player all season, was a late scratch before Monday’s game in Cleveland after the injury flared up during batting practice. He was plunked on the forearm area a few weeks ago and hasn’t been able to shake the pain associated with it since.

If the Sox get the thumbs up Friday morning, Quentin could be back in the lineup for the start of the Angels series.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
This is really, really, really not good.

agreed - if the results were negative it seems like they would've said so right away. Just speculating, but they're probably trying to figure out how long it will take to heal so they can make an announcement. again, just mere speculation.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
agreed - if the results were negative it seems like they would've said so right away. Just speculating, but they're probably trying to figure out how long it will take to heal so they can make an announcement. again, just mere speculation.

If you want a knockout blow for this team, take away it's best hitter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
I honestly think we can survive losing Quentin. At this point, I just hope he's fine for the rest of his career.

As odd as it sounds, I agree. It significant hurts our chances, but if you think about it, we still have JD (great year), Thome (solid), PK who has been good in the past month, Swisher who has shown the ability to get hot for a month, AJ and Lexi. CQ makes us a ton better, but it doesnt completely rule us out.

We really should win tonight, it would be so huge if somehow Liriano lost along with a win for us.

Yea, I think we have to take no chances here. We have a chance to win the WS, but it would still be an underdog situation.

we also have a chance to contend more consistently for a decade with a player this good (if we retool around him in the coming yrs). I want to push nothing w/ him.

The thing that really hurts is that Cowley was the one who was positive about all this, and he was just on the Score talking about how he isnt hearing anything....

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
Yea, I think we have to take no chances here. We have a chance to win the WS, but it would still be an underdog situation.

we also have a chance to contend more consistently for a decade with a player this good (if we retool around him in the coming yrs). I want to push nothing w/ him.

You never know when you'll contend for the playoffs/WS and it's hard to hold a guy back when you know he can help. At the same time, I hear what you're saying about possibly not taking a chance with him b/c of what he could potentially mean/do for this club for the next 5-10 years.

Its a tough decision if it were to come down to it, thats for sure