Lee out of Sunday's game

bschmaranz

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
I'm finding it pretty hard to get enthused about any news right now.

I am in such a friggin' depressive funk right now.....

I felt like staying home for the entire day today after last night's mess. Sleep got my mind on the right track a bit.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
I'm telling you, the comish should fine the s*** out of Hillman for the Greinke travesty. Not that it will matter, though.

If we were in 4th place, and the Indians were battling the Twins for the division this weekend, and we held back Danks on Sunday cause his workload was so high to protect him, would you expect us to be fined??

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I dont see how 6 or 7 extra innings this season could ruin Greinke's whole career, but I'd rather have my team look out for themselves and make decisions for their benefit too.

What about the other side of the spectrum? Last night, Cubs bench 5 regulars, dont use their top setup man Marmol so he can rest for the playoffs, so they use crappy relivers which gives a game to the Mets, which could cost the Brew Crew or Philly a playoff spot. Do you try to fine them for looking out for themselves before the integrity of the game? Is it different when you are trying to win a champ. that season? I'm sure the Phillies and Brewers arent pleased either way...

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)
I don't necessarily disagree with you. I dont see how 6 or 7 extra innings this season could ruin Greinke's whole career, but I'd rather have my team look out for themselves and make decisions for their benefit too.

What about the other side of the spectrum? Last night, Cubs bench 5 regulars, dont use their top setup man Marmol so he can rest for the playoffs, so they use crappy relivers which gives a game to the Mets, which could cost the Brew Crew or Philly a playoff spot. Do you try to fine them for looking out for themselves before the integrity of the game? Is it different when you are trying to win a champ. that season? I'm sure the Phillies and Brewers arent pleased either way...

And their going to do the same thing this weekend against the Crewers.