Fuck the Lakers

southsider2k5

I just hope that they turn into the Portland Trail Blazers.  Too many egos for their own good. 

I have always and will always hate the Lakers.  This kind of s*** pisses me off.  This kind of thing is also why I hate the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Mets, and some other big spending teams(though more or less the 4 I mentioned above).  Unless of course they don't win....if they don't win, it is a lot easier to not hate them. 

And Mourning is going to the Nets, if I heard correctly?  IIRC, that would be a reunion of Mourning and Mutombo from their Georgetown days, correct?

The blazers? Ummm the Lakers have 4 hall of famers and the blazers have s***. The comparison is apples and oranges.

I'm talking egos. Maybe Payton and Malone don't have egos....but I am definately sure that Shaq and Kobe do....and about everybody on the Blazers do.

I really don't follow the NBA....but I do hate the Lakers, and this move makes me hate them even more.

I just hope that they turn into the Portland Trail Blazers.  Too many egos for their own good. 

I have always and will always hate the Lakers.  This kind of s*** pisses me off.  This kind of thing is also why I hate the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Mets, and some other big spending teams(though more or less the 4 I mentioned above).  Unless of course they don't win....if they don't win, it is a lot easier to not hate them. 

And Mourning is going to the Nets, if I heard correctly?  IIRC, that would be a reunion of Mourning and Mutombo from their Georgetown days, correct?

The blazers? Ummm the Lakers have 4 hall of famers and the blazers have s***. The comparison is apples and oranges.

I'm talking egos. Maybe Payton and Malone don't have egos....but I am definately sure that Shaq and Kobe do....and about everybody on the Blazers do.

I really don't follow the NBA....but I do hate the Lakers, and this move makes me hate them even more.

Yeah they all have egos................but when you have THIS much talent, it isnt going to matter.

Yeah they all have egos................but when you have THIS much talent, it isnt going to matter.

Hmm, I remember hearing and thinking the same thing about the Trailblazers. You can't be so sure the Lakers are going to win. Shaq and Kobe had trouble co-existing when it was just the 2 of them. Now add Payton and Malone. Let's not forget, there is only one ball.

Hmm, I remember hearing and thinking the same thing about the Trailblazers. You can't be so sure the Lakers are going to win. Shaq and Kobe had trouble co-existing when it was just the 2 of them. Now add Payton and Malone. Let's not forget, there is only one ball.

Again, the trailblazers didnt have s*** but a bunch of ymca gunning, out of control brothas. No racial slur intended. THese 4 are men and theyre basketball players. Nice try though. :rolleyes:

Again, the trailblazers didnt have s*** but a bunch of ymca gunning, out of control brothas.  No racial slur intended. THese 4 are men and theyre basketball players.  Nice try though. :rolleyes:

LOL, I hate how you act like you know it all. It's ridiculous. I'm not going to argue that they have the best lineup on paper, but I'm going to quote Lee Flowers and say, "They are paper champions. That's all they are and all they ever will be." The only difference between Lee and I is that the Lakers won't win the title like the Bucs did.

LOL, I hate how you act like you know it all. It's ridiculous. I'm not going to argue that they have the best lineup on paper, but I'm going to quote Lee Flowers and say, "They are paper champions. That's all they are and all they ever will be." The only difference between Lee and I is that the Lakers won't win the title like the Bucs did.

:rolleyes: The lakers are the surest bet ive seen to win the title in the history of my sports lifetime. Its a virtual LOCK.

Nothings a lock.....but the Lakers do have a good chance of winning a title...

That's all I'll say about it..

Exactly. The Clippers have a shot at the title every year, that doesn't mean they will win it. :P

Dude dont to that to yourself, comparing the lakers and clippers. Just let it go and leave it at that.

Hey, I just said I hope they turn into the Blazers. Never said they would.

I also said I hate the Lakers and that I hope they don't win it.

They probably won't turn into the Blazers, they probably will win it all, and they'll probably win like 70 games.

Hey, I just said I hope they turn into the Blazers.  Never said they would.

I also said I hate the Lakers and that I hope they don't win it.

They probably won't turn into the Blazers, they probably will win it all, and they'll probably win like 70 games.

Yeah probably. I might add i f***ING HATE the lakers, especially Shaq. But we gotta be honest with ourselves. This team is going to be dominant.

Dude dont to that to yourself, comparing the lakers and clippers.  Just let it go and leave it at that.

Uhh, dude I was kidding. LMAO. It'd be nice if you could go one day without making an ass of yourself or pissing someone off. Has it ever happened?

Uhh, dude I was kidding. LMAO. It'd be nice if you could go one day without making an ass of yourself or pissing someone off. Has it ever happened?

Who cares? If people get pissed off at what i say, its their fault. ;)

HOLY s***! what a team the lakers has put together. does anyone think that the lakers can't win it all.

i have to give them credit, even tho i hate the team b/c of the hype.

Heh, hype? When you have the best 2 players in the NBA and win 3 titles in a row, that's not hype -- that's legit.

are you talking about the same karl malone who said he didn't want to play with magic johnson cause he didn't want to get AIDS?

In defense of Karl, I'm sure there were A LOT of players in the NBA who felt the exact same way he did about the Magic Johnson situation, but were afraid to speak up about it. When Magic announced he had the AIDS virus, the public perception was that he was giving his own eulogy. The general population of this country knew very little about HIV/AIDS at that time, and that includes the NBA. Thankfully now we all know better.

And Magic and Karl "made up" like 10 years ago, so get off of it. It's a dead issue.

HOLY s***! what a team the lakers has put together. does anyone think that the lakers can't win it all.

Heh, hype? When you have the best 2 players in the NBA and win 3 titles in a row, that's not hype -- that's legit.

People are just jealous. The same thing happened when the bulls dominated. So many people hated the bulls, just because they got sick of them winning.

People are just jealous. The same thing happened when the bulls dominated. So many people hated the bulls, just because they got sick of them winning.

Now that I've had time to grow up, I can admit that the only reason I hated the Bulls back in the day was because they were winning. It's the same with the Yankees. The only reason people hate them is because it's not their team that's winning and/or spending millions of dollars trying to win. If the Sox had a payroll of $100M+ every year and was able to get every free agent they want, and had like 25 World Series wins, we'd all love it.

Now that I've had time to grow up, I can admit that the only reason I hated the Bulls back in the day was because they were winning. It's the same with the Yankees. The only reason people hate them is because it's not their team that's winning and/or spending millions of dollars trying to win. If the Sox had a payroll of $100M+ every year and was able to get every free agent they want, and had like 25 World Series wins, we'd all love it.

Exactly the reason i ALWAYS defend the yankees. Buy championships blah blah blah........theyre playing by the rules. If you want to blame someone, blame the sport for allowing it.

Exactly the reason i ALWAYS defend the yankees. Buy championships blah blah blah........theyre playing by the rules. If you want to blame someone, blame the sport for allowing it.

Definitely.

MLB needs to come up with SOME kind of a salary rule. This luxury tax crap isn't going to work because there are only a handful of teams that are even close to the limit. The NFL has done a good job IMO of evening the playing field for virtually every team. From year to year, you have your favorites in the NFL, but it always seems that 5 or 6 teams come out of nowhere to be legitimate contenders. Baseball hasn't been that way in I don't know how long.

The NFL's way may limit the chances of a team creating a real dynasty, but I think that's good overall.