Two AZ teen girls accused of pimping

lostfan

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)
I don't necessarily believe every right and punishment for adult should be pushed up to 21. I believe that all should be at the same age regardless if it is 18, 19, 20, or 21. Those who can be punished as an adult should also receive all the rights of an adult. If someone can join the military they should be able to drink. If someone can be charged as an adult, they should be able to vote. We have too many different ages that define adulthood. For example, if the set age was 19, I think all 19 year olds should be able to vote, drink, join the military, and be tried as adults. We shouldn't be able to say that someone should be trusted to act like an adult and give them the same privileges that other adults get to enjoy. While I don't usually see things as just black or white, this is one of the few cases I do. Either you are an adult or your not; rights, privileges, and punishments included.

And drive a car? Drop out of school? Be President? How about the maximum age to join the military? Border Patrol?

It seems unreal to think that all these dissimilar activities and privileges, would be grouped together. Instead of activity A should have this minimum age because of this, the logic is well if we're going to call someone an adult, they should have everything at the same time.