ST Game 2: Sox @ Rockies (Tucson)

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 03:14 PM)
You have to dig through 7 layers of cute comments and jabs. Once he makes up his mind on someone, they are doomed. Brian could hit 700 and will still be the lurker of the hunnies.

Probably because Cowley is considered a hack by the players and also his media counterparts.

Beckham steals 2nd.

I want Beckham instead of Getz. Too bad it won't happen.

Is it safe to assume that in 2010, 2B is pretty much cemented to Beckham and these guys playing the position this year won't even get a sniff next year?

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 04:03 PM)
Beckham steals 2nd.

I want Beckham instead of Getz. Too bad it won't happen.

Is it safe to assume that in 2010, 2B is pretty much cemented to Beckham and these guys playing the position this year won't even get a sniff next year?

Becks could still be at short and Alexei could be in CF. Or slayer could in the OF, or at 3B, or at 2B if Getz plays well. Options.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
Becks could still be at short and Alexei could be in CF. Or slayer could in the OF, or at 3B, or at 2B if Getz plays well. Options.

The (more specific) point I was alluding to was, in 2010 there will be a big name (Viciedo, Fields) or one of the current standing 2B (Lilli, Nix, Getz, /Betemit/) missing the team entirely

We seem to have too much depth in the IF.

Edit: This is assuming Konerko is still with the team next year. If he isn't, I could see Viciedo and Fields moving to 1B+DH and Beckham moving to 3B

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
The (more specific) point I was alluding to was, in 2010 there will be a big name (Viciedo, Fields) or one of the current standing 2B (Lilli, Nix, Getz, /Betemit/) missing the team entirely

Coming from a situation where we had ZERO depth, its a nice problem to have. But yes, you are right. Fields could easily have a big season then get traded, The Pimp could be at 1B with Becks tat 3B.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)

2B - Getz

SS - Beckham

3B - Fields

LF - Viciedo

CF - Alexei

RF - Quentin

1B - Viciedo/Fields

2B - Getz

SS - Ramirez

3B - Beckham

LF - Viciedo/Fields

RF - Quentin