Status of Soxtalk leagues as of 3/24/09

The Keeper #1 league is almost full. We have two spots to fill (by invitation only), draft is about 2 weeks away.

There has been talk about a Keeper #2. Anyone who's up for commishing it, let me know. If you decide to commish, realize that this is at minimum, a 3 year commitment. If you fail this commitment, I will hound you with unwanted PMs for years afterwards. (semi-kidding)

Soxtalk League 1 is almost full, draft is set for the 15th, noon-ish right now. Any openings left in league 1 will be known by tomorrow.

Soxtalk League 2 needs a commish. I know who was in league 2 last year, as I was in it, but I will not be commishing it. If you are interested, contact myself or ZoomSlowik.

I have not heard anything about League 3. If you were in League 3 last year, please let me know who was the commish.

League 4 is to be commished by Jimbo's Drinker. I'm not sure of its status, however. Jimbo, what is its status?

FYI, if Zoom remains elusive, I will be taking over organization of the Soxtalk Leagues by this weekend.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 01:19 PM)
Very unlikely.

Why not? 20-team leagues are way better and more competitive. Plus, you don't have all the good players sitting around the Free Agent wire, which makes it almost too easy in 12-team leagues.

In 20-team leagues you gotta do more research and be more savvy in terms of picking up free agents from the shallow scrap heap free agent wire.

Play a 20-team league, and you'll never want to play 12-team leagues again. :)

Zoom and knight,

I'm very concerned that there has been no activity in my league from last year yet (league 4). No invites, no communication, nada. If necessary please set me up as commish and I will take over so we can get this thing done before it's too late. I've seen many posts from league 4 participants last year expressing interest so it might be a good time to get the league set up before they find a spot elsewhere.

Throw me in as someone interested in a keeper league.

I have been in a couple in the past but they fell apart after a year. Would like to join a keeper league that lasts for once as I'm kinda fed up with my leagues falling apart. Even better if its a keeper auction.

If necessary I can commish League 2 or even the 2nd Keeper. I just need a list of names/managers in league 2 and people interested in doing a keeper.

Update status:

Keeper is full - drafting Wed night at 8:30p.

League 1 drafted today at 11:30a.

League 2 is open Head 2 Head - MHizzle is commish. PM him for info.

League 3 is open Roto - pm ZoomSlowik for info.

League 4 is open Head 2 Head - Jimbo's Drinker is commish. PM him for info.

There's a chance that League 2 will become Keeper 2, so join that if you are interested in a keeper league.

If we have extra signups before March 22 and all leagues fill, we may start a League 5.

Also, I have a question and I want to make sure if it's cool with everyone...

It's too late now, cause I just thought of it, but would it be okay if I create an official Soxtalk 20-team league for the 2010 season? Since it seems like all the other soxtalk leagues everyone else create are 12-teamers, I guess I ought to just take it upon myself to create an official 20-teamer. Is that cool?