I know its VERY early

Guest wsc425

Guest wsc425

I realize it is not even the July 31st trade deadline yet, but I believe that the White Sox need to do a move, somehow.

Positions to be emphasized:

Centerfield: whether it is Rowand, Borchard, Rios or Harris this position needs help. I can see Rowand taking over in center, but I also can see the White Sox making a move before the deadline. Suitors: Bringing up someone, letting Everett play (dreadfully), or even trading for Beltran, who could be dealt if Minnesota is too strong.

Shortstop: Look, I actually could see the White Sox getting Tejada. It would be a great investment for the ballclub with Jose, Everett, and Alomar likely to depart. I believe this would be HUGE for the White Sox. Suitors: Then again, Jerry Reinsdorf will turn out to be cheap and bring up Mr. 300,000 Aaron Miles to play SS. It seems next year is now or never die or die for the White Sox and their fans. So why not bring in a guy like Tejada? I see no reason not to.

Catcher What would it take to see Mike Barrett in a White Sox Uniform? Nothing but signing him. The 27to be 28 year old catcher could be on his way as a mentor before the deadline. I mean, yes, a change of scenery could help, as the White Sox could swing a deal with a player who also needs a change of scenery. This MAY help his average rise to a steady .200 as he is at .189. Then again, he could be hurt. Suitors: Call up Jamie Burke from AAA Charlotte, to see because Sandy is older now and he is less capable.

Pitching Kenny's Annual cleanout sale, mark your calenders, the week of the 22nd-31st. I think that the Sox will hold on to Bartolo Colon, as they could have a killer rotation next year with a mix of players. The pitching would be tremendous.

All I'm saying is

Look at this lineup

2B Harris

SS Miles

DH Thomas

RF Ordonez

1B Konerko-WILL NOT BE TRADED! HAHA!

LF Lee

CF Beltran

3B Crede

C Barrett

Threatening. Oh my.

Starting Pitching

Colon

Buehrle

Loaiza

(acquisition)

Garland

Oh, and trade the Billy goat for a Big Gulp at seven 11 and make sure to get the Blue Raspberry kind, its my favorite.

THIS IS ALL IMO!

This Mickey Mouse Organization isn't going to do JACK s***! Get used to that idea now. R Alomar and Everett is it. That wonderful 3-7 roadtrip we just finished up probably put the quabash on the "Head Spinning Trade" Hawk talked about after the Alomar/Everett deals. The first positions that need to be addressed are our dumbass GM and equally inept manager. Start at the top and work the way down. JR selling the team to someone who actually would like to win a WS Championship wouldn't hurt either.

were done. i still am praying and i strongly believe we will pull it out. If we get to the playoffs our killer rotation is great, and our line-up should work, unless we're a re-creation of the hitless wonders. Let's just hope our bullpen doesn't mess it up.

Lets "hope" i win the lottery too! :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1
Sox are done getting people :huh:

if they dont turn it around and pack a few wins under their belts in the upcoming weeks, they wont be shoping they will be lookin to dump.... r. alomar, everett, colon top three gone...mho......if they hold onto a pitcher they will hold onto loz who doesnt cost them a boat load of cash.....espically with buehrle coming into arbritration....other possibles to dump, paulie, lee, val, gordon, botch (wishful thinking) just a few off the top of my head who could also be lookin at the door......

if they dont turn it around and pack a few wins under their belts in the upcoming weeks, they wont be shoping they will be lookin to dump.... r. alomar, everett, colon top three gone...mho......if they hold onto a pitcher they will hold onto loz who doesnt cost them a boat load of cash.....espically with buehrle coming into arbritration....other possibles to dump, paulie, lee, val, gordon, botch (wishful thinking)  just a few off the top of my head  who could also be lookin at the door......

I'd agree that the Sox will look to dump payroll if the team takes a dump in these four series prior to facing the Royals. But that may have been why KW (to be read: EE, RH1, and RH2) may have made the deal so far in front of the deadline, they still have the flexibility to get out. I think the possibility of Hawk's "Mind Blowing Deal" could happen if the Sox play well and are still buyers before 7/31. But I think the deal depends on whether the team they are talking to know whether they are buyers or sellers at this moment. There are a lot of teams that are on the fence as to whether or not they think they can get in the playoffs. Look at the Marlins, they think the are in it - that's why they go out and get Urbina, and hang on to Lowell. The Cubs thought the Marlins were sellers and held out to get Lowell's price down. Turns out they were dead wrong about Florida's intention, and now they have Jose Hernandez to show for being asleep at the wheel.

I think if we want to speculate on where this "Mind Blowing" deal could be look at the teams on the cusp of Wild Card contention. Those that could be buyers or sellers. Then look at guys that are players that could be considered "mind-blowing" if we get them in a trade. HSC, am I on the right track?

The Sox aren't getting Tejada, and the A's aren't trying to trade Tejada. The A's offense has been weak all year long, so why would they trade the reigning AL MVP, especially when he has shown that he is a good second half player and can be a great player? There is no reason for it.

If anything, we need to unload a few bats. Get rid of Lee or Konerko, or Lee and Konerko, and we are set. KW, or whoever the hell is running the show, did a vey bad thing in getting Everett. Added another decent power bat on a team that has too many as it is.

Trade Lee to Baltimore or LA or somewhere, and get some bullpen help. That's the only thing we can do now.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'd agree that the Sox will look to dump payroll if the team takes a dump in these four series prior to facing the Royals. But that may have been why KW (to be read: EE, RH1, and RH2) may have made the deal so far in front of the deadline, they still have the flexibility to get out. I think the possibility of Hawk's "Mind Blowing Deal" could happen if the Sox play well and are still buyers before 7/31. But I think the deal depends on whether the team they are talking to know whether they are buyers or sellers at this moment. There are a lot of teams that are on the fence as to whether or not they think they can get in the playoffs. Look at the Marlins, they think the are in it - that's why they go out and get Urbina, and hang on to Lowell. The Cubs thought the Marlins were sellers and held out to get Lowell's price down. Turns out they were dead wrong about Florida's intention, and now they have Jose Hernandez to show for being asleep at the wheel.

I think if we want to speculate on where this "Mind Blowing" deal could be look at the teams on the cusp of Wild Card contention. Those that could be buyers or sellers. Then look at guys that are players that could be considered "mind-blowing" if we get them in a trade. HSC, am I on the right track?

yeah im thinking your headed in the right direction....... ;)

yeah im thinking your headed in the right direction....... ;)

So speculate away - I looked at the standings and figure IMO these are teams either classified as sellers or on the cusp between buying and selling. I also made the assumption that we wouldn't trade within the division. Then just went through the rosters and looked for "names. I'm sure I missed some so have at it....

TORONTO: Delgado, Halladay

BALTIMORE: Ponson, Mora

TAMPA BAY: Baldelli, Huff

ANAHEIM: Percival, Erstad, Anderson

TEXAS: A-Rod

MONTREAL: Vazquez, Guerrero, Vidro

METS: Glavine

PIRATES: Giles

COLORADO: Helton, Wilson, Walker

REDS: Dunn, Griffey, Casey, Boone

PADRES & BREWERS: Nothing there.