AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:21 PM)
Let him actually play for a full week. He's shown more baseball know how than half the team so far.

You can say that about many 8 year olds. I think Fields will be in Charlotte within the week unless he starts hitting, and Beckham will be the third baseman. I also wonder if bringing up Beckham is part of the show to woo Peavy. 3rd baseman with below average to average defense with .212 averages that strikeout at a 200 a season pace aren't exactly pitcher's best friends.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:24 PM)
You can say that about many 8 year olds. I think Fields will be in Charlotte within the week unless he starts hitting, and Beckham will be the third baseman. I also wonder if bringing up Beckham is part of the show to woo Peavy. 3rd baseman with below average to average defense with .212 averages that strikeout at a 200 a season pace aren't exactly pitcher's best friends.

nor are young studs named Beckham making errors at the hot corner.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
I know we won, but a couple moves I'd like to see made.

Option Fields to Charlotte, call up Andy Phillips.

Josh's only good at-bat last night was his sac bunt and he fouled it back on his 1st try

fields.jpg

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 22, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
Dear Kenny Williams... Please demote Josh Fields and call up Andy Phillips. It's not even a matter of winning, just stop the embarrassment of having Fields out there everyday.

What is your love affair for Andy Phillips. He sucks. The only thing you accomplish by bringing him up, is making your problem at 3rd base a few years older.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 23, 2009 -> 11:58 AM)
What is your love affair for Andy Phillips. He sucks. The only thing you accomplish by bringing him up, is making your problem at 3rd base a few years older.

Exactly, i'd rather win inspite of having Fields in the lineup, then when inspite of Phillips. At least, we'd be working towards the future.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 23, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)

If we replace Fields with Beckham, I'm fine with that, but I don't see it happening until July at the earliest.

With Phillips, he is a decent bench player who can actually play the game of baseball. Josh is completely clueless. It's embarrassing to watch him play. Even if Phillips isn't good, at least he is versatile.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 22, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
For those of us that did not get to see the game...I saw Alexei hit a homer tonight. Did he have some good ab's? How about Q?

We need these two guys to come around if we are going to win anything this year.

Looks like Alexei may be coming on at a similar point as he did last season. Now what's the story with Q?

Alexei has killer ab's. Classic 6-pack. TCQ needs to do some sit ups.