John Calipari is a dirty coach?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 28, 2009 -> 11:52 AM)
Okay, so let's blame the coaches and give them crap for "rightfully" giving back to the kids? It's a two way street. If Cal is dirty for giving Rose money, Rose is dirty for taking it. If Cal gave a way out for Rose to qualify on his SAT's, Rose is dirty for taking it.

Either you believe Rose and Cal are guilty, or they are not because they made the university and NCAA a lot of money. There's no seperating them as much as people want to because Rose is a humble kid.

If money isn't offered, there's no money to be taken...

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 28, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
Nope, the money to be given has been there wayy before Reggie and Derrick Rose came along.

And if it did or didn't, that in no way absolves Derrick Rose for breaking it. People rob banks all the time. Just because someone does it before someone else, doesn't make the 2nd person any less guilty.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 28, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)
College players cheating the billion dollar NCAA.......that's rich.

If I am a high school player I take everything I can get. Especially if I know I am only going to college for one year.

Not to mention everyone always leaves out the free education. Like it or not that is at LEAST a $50,000 benefit to these players, it is way more than that at some places.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 28, 2009 -> 04:27 PM)
And if it did or didn't, that in no way absolves Derrick Rose for breaking it. People rob banks all the time. Just because someone does it before someone else, doesn't make the 2nd person any less guilty.

Horrible analogy...

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
Horrible analogy...

Not really. Breaking a law or rule is breaking a law or rule. I don't understand why someone would go to such far lengths for someone who was always about the money. We're talking about a guy who had his transcripts altered, had a pre-arranged deal with Adidas before he even entered college, took more than just a scholarship from Coach Cal, was dipping into someone else's girlfriend and got beat down for it, and cheated his way through an SAT in the worst way possible, have someone else take it.