Camp Cora Assesments

Cubano

This Camp Cora must be closed like Guantanamo Bay prision though I am in favor to through these guys to the ocean for shark meat.

Viciedo can not field. Cora said Viciedo will make history. Time will tell about the veracity of his prediction about Viciedo. Fields fielding is 945 and his hitting has been dismal. Cora said Fields would rock. I forgot what he said about Lexi in SS.

I like somebody to ask Cora about his work with these players in Miami and all his sweet talk.

I give Cora credit for putting Alexei in the second spot while Guillen was away. I wonder why it took so long for somebody to realize this. He is fast, can bunt, will see more fastballs there so you do not face the third place hitter with men on base, etc.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 09:12 AM)
This Camp Cora must be closed like Guantanamo Bay prision though I am in favor to through these guys to the ocean for shark meat.

Viciedo can not field. Cora said Viciedo will make history. Time will tell about the veracity of his prediction about Viciedo. Fields fielding is 945 and his hitting has been dismal. Cora said Fields would rock. I forgot what he said about Lexi in SS.

I like somebody to ask Cora about his work with these players in Miami and all his sweet talk.

I give Cora credit for putting Alexei in the second spot while Guillen was away. I wonder why it took so long for somebody to realize this. He is fast, can bunt, will see more fastballs there so you do not face the third place hitter with men on base, etc.

What's up with Alexei's mindset this year? He's made more bonehead plays already than I remember from all of last year. Bunting into 3 consecutive strikes (he is NOT showing he is a good bunter), barehanding grounders even though he has plenty of time, forgeting how many outs and getting picked off, sliding into 3B when he's supposed to score from 2B on a double?

He really looks lost sometimes. He's thinking about something but it sure isn't the game. Next inning something snaps out of it and he is back, but I can't figure out the lapses.

He is from Pinar del Rio. In Cuba there is a saying that says:

"Are you dumb or are you from Pinar del Rio? Meaning you must be dumb because you are from Pinar.

I wrote long time ago that his transition to SS would be bumpy. He is not accustumed to play there. maybe Guillen needs to threaten him.

QUOTE (TLAK @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 09:31 AM)
What's up with Alexei's mindset this year? He's made more bonehead plays already than I remember from all of last year. Bunting into 3 consecutive strikes (he is NOT showing he is a good bunter), barehanding grounders even though he has plenty of time, forgeting how many outs and getting picked off, sliding into 3B when he's supposed to score from 2B on a double?

He really looks lost sometimes. He's thinking about something but it sure isn't the game. Next inning something snaps out of it and he is back, but I can't figure out the lapses.

He did the same thing last year. The worst thing Alexei can do is be relaxed. That is when he starts to take a play for granted and does something stupid. Much like Jose Valentin, he is at his best when it is a tough play and he has to make it happen. Look no further than throwing Hafner out at the plate today. That was a webgem if I ever saw one. To make that play barehanded, and have enough on it, throwing off balance, to nail a guy at the plate was just awesome.