8/6 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 10:42 PM)
Every once in a while Phegley will have the kind of night that shows you exactly what he's capable of. Tonight was one of those nights. 2-5 with a 3-run homer.

The knock on him out of college was that he wasn't going to hit for power with a wood bat. He was always capable of squaring up the ball and hitting line drives all over the field. I think that with 5 HR's in such a short period of time at least puts some of those power fears to rest. As for his low avg I, without any firsthand knowledge, am going to speculate that he has just been over anxious at the plate and having some bad luck.

Again, nobody ever questioned his ability to square the ball up and make good contact, just his ability to carry over his power numbers with a wood bat.

QUOTE (scenario @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 12:54 AM)
KW Jr. went 4-5 with 4 RBI's tonight..

He went 3-5 with 1 RBI last night.

7-10 with 3 doubles and 5 RBI's in his last two games??

:o

I don't know what got into him, but I like it.

not that he's necessarily a prospect, but as far as I have ever been aware, Williams himself has never said he was for or against the move, and that his guys made the pick themselves. Not that 2 good games makes anything, but they have have seen something in him.