eh, John Danks?

witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 07:13 AM)
I understand the blister issue, but he was bad before and has been bad since. Is it time for a quick DL trip?

I think he gets a little too frustrated with things like the bunt in the 1st inning and the non-strike calls. He's a fierce competitor, but he can't get upset about his teammates and umpires - he needs to keep his competitiveness focused on the opposition.

That said, his defense really let him down yesterday.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 07:09 AM)
I think he gets a little too frustrated with things like the bunt in the 1st inning and the non-strike calls. He's a fierce competitor, but he can't get upset about his teammates and umpires - he needs to keep his competitiveness focused on the opposition.

That said, his defense really let him down yesterday.

I was sitting almost directly behind first base right at the corner of the Angels dugout yesterday, John let about 8 F bombs go after that 1st inning bunt, guy was furious.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 04:13 AM)
I understand the blister issue, but he was bad before and has been bad since. Is it time for a quick DL trip?

I think he's suffering from the added workload he had last season. He hasn't been very sharp or crisp in a long while. I still think he's got a bright future but theres a reason I have a bigger man crush on Floyd :)

Whatever the cause.... Danks velocity is down by a tick as compared to 2008, and he leaves his off-speed pitches up way to much. He's been at times atrocious at USCF.

Ozzie's mishandling of him, IMO didnt' help the matter either in 08 or in 09.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 08:52 AM)
I think he's suffering from the added workload he had last season.

IIRC, Danks pitched something like 40 more innings than he'd ever thrown before. I'm surprised that he's at a 1.10 ERA+ and a 1.34 WHIP after that.