bing.com/travel

bmags

gotta say this is really awesome. They have a price predictor that tells you the best time to buy the ticket. I was looking for a friend to visit to brazil, they didn't have price predictor for GRU, but still found some great deals.

I usually went with flights.com, and they typically have been the cheapest. But, am pretty impressed with bing in this fashion.

Bing.com is useless. I was signed up there to get updates when prices were low from Chicago to Las Vegas. Everytime I'd get an E-mail, the information would be wrong. You'd click the link that says a certain price and it'd be over $70-$90 more expensive per ticket.

On a side note, said Vegas trip STARTS TOMORROW.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
you sure that's not taxesand fees?

Certain. The first click to go view the prices would show it. It wouldn't be after you go through check out and all that fun stuff. At least from Chicago to Vegas, bing.com is incredibly inaccurate.

Each engine has its own benefits and drawbacks.

Bing is basically MSN Travel + farecast.

Everyone and their brother are building aggregate travel search engines, its the new big thing for Internet Travel Agencies. They all have their pluses and minuses.

Farecast technology is great. And bing benefits from buying it. Fare Compare is also really useful because if you want to go somewhere and haven't decided where yet, you can select a destination and a region of the world and it will show you the 25 cheapest destinations in that region.

The metasearches to stay away from IMHO is Kayak and Sidestep. Both of those sites have exclusive deals with Orbitz/Cheaptickets so they won't search other ITA's who sell net airfares. So unless Orbitz is selling a net, you'll never find a lower than published airfare on those aggregators. Look instead to fly.com or mobissimo.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
Kayak used to be amazing. They are no longer a good place to search for international, if price truly is your object - because they don't search OTAs who sell nets anymore.

So what would you recommend as the best place for Int'l flights then? I'm currently searching for a flight to Spain

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 08:50 AM)
So what would you recommend as the best place for Int'l flights then? I'm currently searching for a flight to Spain

Bing, Fly.com, mobissimo.com or vayama.com.

Vayama is sort of a meta consolidator search. If there's a net fare available to Spain, you have one of the best chances of finding it there.