Everything posted by bmags
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Great post. It is probably extremely hard to let a guy like Burke stay in and prove it, it goes both ways a lot. Now Burke will go into offseason prepared to be an ace, but could have also had his moments of losing strike zone right after.
-
2026 Appreciation Thread
Ok here’s what I’m very grateful for. A bunch of “we’ll see” guys that cemented themselves as long term starters. Star- Vargas. No doubt captain of the team, ice cold and calm at the plate all series. Starters: Sean Burke - absolutely filthy in playoffs. Nobody would have put their chips on him as our top guy in April Tristan Peter’s - incredible August we thought midnight struck. His at bats are always pitch perfect. Fantastic defense. An absolutely incredible find. Antonnacci - in March many of us liked him but we also liked brooks Baldwin and Ramos and others who had high production compared to pedigree. Hes for real. We’ll always have to work a bit around his defense. Meidroth - absolute starter long term, again, entering into season many thought he’d be a transition guy. He’s a great bat, big time gamer Teel - whatever his offense struggled this year. My god is he a better catcher than what we threw out, and put many good at bats in the playoffs. Hagen Smith - while we will still have to be wait and see if he’s a starter, which is painful, he is still a huge weapon. I wasn’t sure he’d be valuable in majors in June. Taylor - obviously, just wish he’d have been developed differently. Wait and sees - Colson - I still think an offseason can help smooth out enough rough edges. Would be happy if he turned into a corner outfielder with power. Mune - love him, no rush to sign him. When he walks it’s all fine, but he gave up all plate discipline in playoffs, makes it rough. Braden - has to show he can be tougher right handed and start pulling the ball. Tremendous defensively tho and I think he is on team a long time. Pitching staff - sure wish Shane smith didn’t shrivel up. Davis Martin has a spot but it’s iffy. There is a lot of work to do here, and with the exception of a guy I don’t believe in (drew thorpe) there isn’t a lot coming. Thats an incredible year for the trajectory of the team. And Bonemer is on the way.
-
2026 Appreciation Thread
Yeah they also get extra picks every year. Sox get an extra pick once and we saw how much flexibility it adds.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I think so too, but combined with some filthy pitching from Cleveland.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
105 wRC+ in first half. 105 wRC+ in second half. Amazing job by the league to figure out the white Sox.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Aside from Vargas, felt like him and Peter’s were the most consistent at bats.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
And like - I hate they didn’t go for it at the deadline - but they DID save that powder and DID make the playoffs and DID sweep the wild card. That is what many at the deadline would have been cool with. We have bonemer, and Carlson, and Roch. We had a 2 million year in attendance and doubled viewership on the sub service. We have salary to spend and a team that actually got some good free agents the last two years from the bargain bin.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I feel like it’s hard for a closer to experiment with a third pitch. I’m not convinced he can’t develop a third pitch or doesn’t have one that plays enough.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
We made the ALDS and lost in game 5. You are all soft.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
In many ways they did better than I thought with their good pieces. Sean Burke was brilliant. Hagen showed he has something big to contribute. But their staff was an inch deep. So you can definitely overhaul the bottom of the pitching staff but I actually feel damn good building it up around them. I do still wish we could try to convert taylor.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Ah the classic “ha, you thought they could win? I am so smart and thought they could lose” This s%*# is dumb for seven year olds. Can’t comprehend a grown man trying to coddle himself with it.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
It really sucks. It was an embarrassing loss with the strikeouts. That said I still feel like a lot of you are soft. “Oh no we lost in the ALDS let’s trade everyone that didn’t play well waaah”.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Why can’t they win a World Series then?
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Come on, we were up 2-0 in a 5 game series. That’s normal.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Absolutely brutal. I feel awful. It’s great to be in the playoffs. Please don’t make me wait another 5 years.
-
The trade deadline is the only reason the Sox haven't won this yet/the Guardians are still in it
Point is tho, I’m cool with Ron making this thread. Anyone else complaining I say eat s%*#. This board was terrified of trading anyone and just wanted to see how the year went. This was what you wanted. Remember - Cleveland gets free goodies every year because they are small market.
-
The trade deadline is the only reason the Sox haven't won this yet/the Guardians are still in it
The deadline was bad, but you can’t leave out players like Fedde and Grichuk who were mid season acquisitions nonetheless. Hell we churned a ton over in April / May, I can’t even remember who all started.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Giving up 18 to this dickless Cleveland team is embarrassing as f***. Jesus Christ.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Hug your George wolkows tight Sox fans, you loved them and they bring you joy.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
I apologize for scolding. Fucking disgrace at home. Eat s%*# Cleveland. f*** the playoffs.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
We have to get it back to even before the 8th or it’s back to Cleveland we go
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Ugh. I knew this was gonna be the inning. Fucking knew it.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
I’m saying I haven’t noticed other teams crushing the ball
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
And what if you were Cleveland. Not concerned at all? We have our top of order up next inning
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Meh I don’t think this is true. Esp in the playoffs the nerves make it tough to lay off