White Sox 2009: Jermaine Dye

Chisoxfn

SoxNet.net has began its review of the 2009 season and were going to do it on a player basis. Jermaine Dye is the first player we've reviewed, but we will review every man who was on the 25 man roster.

Each analysis will talk about the highlights of there season, expectations entering the season, there future with the club and much much more.

Note: Please add your insights and your personal favorite Jermaine Dye moments on here or by commenting within the article at SoxNet.

While age hasn't completely stopped Dye from hitting, it's taken its toll on defense. His defensive prowess weakening little by little over the years, Dye became a full-fledged liability this year thanks to his minimal range.

Good article on Dye and good way to describe what's happened to his defense.

This will be an interesting series of articles with some great insight I'm sure. Try to be as specific as you can about the players as it should be educational for those of us who didn't see all the games.

Good stuff.

Years from now, whenever I think of the '09 Sox, the first thing to come to mind will be JD's awful 2nd half (ok maybe 2nd to MB's perfect game).

I haven't looked at the numbers lately until now, wow .590 OPS. Give me Griffey over that

Years from now when I think of the '09 Sox I will only think of three things: Mark's perfect game and the catch by Wise; also Beckham's first season in the bigs and how he did very well.

Everything else about this season sucked you know what.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 11:59 AM)

SoxNet.net has began its review of the 2009 season and were going to do it on a player basis. Jermaine Dye is the first player we've reviewed, but we will review every man who was on the 25 man roster.

Each analysis will talk about the highlights of there season, expectations entering the season, their future with the club and much much more.

Note: Please add your insights and your personal favorite Jermaine Dye moments on here or by commenting within the article at SoxNet.

Fixed.