David Sanders

LDF

is he really a decent prospect or what. i have some mix reviews on him.

He definitely has a chance to be a solid situational lefty if he gets the chance to pitch. If he gets that chance, I think he will be fine. He could also be a guy that ends up stuck in AAA too.

He definitely has a chance to be a solid situational lefty if he gets the chance to pitch.  If he gets that chance, I think he will be fine.  He could also be a guy that ends up stuck in AAA too.

i always thought of him a rp or long relief. i am still high on him making the club.maybe not as a star but making an impact thou.

He's gonna be good. I don't have any doubt that he'll be a very good lefty reliever. I also think Munoz will be. Munoz was overworked and his arm is basically dead...give him a full offseason and he'll come back dominating next year..mark my words with that.

Munoz, Sanders, Marte will likely be the pen..although odds are the Sox keep Wunsch.

He's gonna be good.  I don't have any doubt that he'll be a very good lefty reliever.  I also think Munoz will be.  Munoz was overworked and his arm is basically dead...give him a full offseason and he'll come back dominating next year..mark my words with that.

Munoz, Sanders, Marte will likely be the pen..although odds are the Sox keep Wunsch.

i think it was you and i that was talking that he was throwing a lot in the offseason.

i guess we were right. i think the plan of having him be a sp is not working.

He's gonna be good.  I don't have any doubt that he'll be a very good lefty reliever.  I also think Munoz will be.  Munoz was overworked and his arm is basically dead...give him a full offseason and he'll come back dominating next year..mark my words with that.

I sure hope your right on Sanders and Munoz. That would be especially be great if Munoz pitches like he did last year and in winter ball again. :headbang

He needs a full off-season. I think dasox24 was wanting him to pitch like he did last season in winterball.

Right now I won't have him pitching until he comes back in spring training.

And yep LDF, it was us who had that debate and we were right. I hate seeing pitchers get used that much because they really need a rejuvanating period for their arm to get better.

Right now I'm scared out of my mind for Marte. The Sox need another reliever up here that Manuel can trust and stat. Having Wunsch back is huge, but a 3rd left would be very nice.

Munoz will never be a starter.

i hope he doesn't pitch in winter. he should rest.

I didn't mean he should pitch in winter ball. I meant I hope he pitches next year the way he pitched in winter ball this year. He was unstoppable in winter ball this past year. :headbang

He needs a full off-season.  I think dasox24 was wanting him to pitch like he did last season in winterball.

Right now I won't have him pitching until he comes back in spring training.

And yep LDF, it was us who had that debate and we were right.  I hate seeing pitchers get used that much because they really need a rejuvanating period for their arm to get better.

Right now I'm scared out of my mind for Marte.  The Sox need another reliever up here that Manuel can trust and stat.  Having Wunsch back is huge, but a 3rd left would be very nice. 

Munoz will never be a starter.

again munoz can't go more than 4 innings, but maybe with another of age, he might.

ref to getting a rp i am again in total agreement. we need another one and really bad. i don;t care about how white is doing recently.

we are going to have a club with a lot of lefty, i remember last yr we couldn't buy a decent one.

yeah with the way the farm is right now and what we have available, i would really slow down our prospect so they could really develop without getting hurt.

The alternative to getting a relief pitcher is acquiring Ponson and moving Porzio or someone else to the pen while dropping Glover, but I don't know if the Sox do that.

I still say Stanton (Whose signed for the next couple years) for Glover or Majewski wouldn't be a bad move. Get the Mets to pay most of the contract the next couple years so the Sox only pay him like a mill a season.

Glover or Majewski would be good pickups as they both could come in and contribute. I may be wrong on Majewski whose numbers have skyrocketed since Birmingham last year, but I think he's only 23 and I still think of him as a good prospect.

The alternative to getting a relief pitcher is acquiring Ponson and moving Porzio or someone else to the pen while dropping Glover, but I don't know if the Sox do that.

I still say Stanton (Whose signed for the next couple years) for Glover or Majewski wouldn't be a bad move.  Get the Mets to pay most of the contract the next couple years so the Sox only pay him like a mill a season. 

Glover or Majewski would be good pickups as they both could come in and contribute.  I may be wrong on Majewski whose numbers have skyrocketed since Birmingham last year, but I think he's only 23 and I still think of him as a good prospect.

i dont know about staton, but if i am going to get ponson from balt, then i will sweeten the deal to get jorge julio.

can you believe this, even cal edred is having a nice yr as a long rp.

A good BP prospect who is in town this weekend is Al Levine. The D-Rays are in need of a 2nd baseman which plays to a minor league strength of ours. Not only is he just coming off the magical kind of WS run we are hoping for but he's a Park Ridge boy to boot

i have been thinking about the levine kid, but as in a trade. he is a real decent long relief pitcher, tpa is in need of some cash, and we need a rp.

the word according to espn and ba is that tpa will not sign their first rounder due to lack of money, nor any other picks that is with out reason.

oh if they would accept a mid level pitching prospect/cash 1 mil for levine and (somehow figure a way to talk to thier 3 round pick a miller and sign him. )

To add to that, keep in mind that Munoz just turned 21 five days ago...

Jason, I also agree that Majewski still has a shot. The Sox were always on him about his weight last year, so I don't know if that has become a problem or if it has been more about Triple-A hitters.

Rex, what if anything do you hear on Brian Sager? Stats show only one game pitched. Looks like he's unfortunately turning out to be a walking injury ...

Rex, what if anything do you hear on Brian Sager?  Stats show only one game pitched.  Looks like he's unfortunately turning out to be a walking injury ...

I must defer to MSF on this one. I really haven't followed the lower level affiliates in the past as much as I have this year. That's what MSF was always for. :D

Problem is, he now has me following them on a nightly basis. I am enjoying it, but getting much less sleep. lol

Rex, what if anything do you hear on Brian Sager?  Stats show only one game pitched.  Looks like he's unfortunately turning out to be a walking injury ...

sager is one player i was following from the draft. yeah he has some bad luck when it comes to injuries. for me, he still has starting material stuff, if he could ever stay healty. which i surely hope so.