Future Hall of Famers

Jim Fainter

One could make a pretty strong argument for both Frank and Robbie achieving that status. They both need 2-3 more years of playing on a regular basis.

Frank figures to finish this year with 410-415 homers with a lifetime BA of about .310. Three more years averaging 30 homers and .275 BA should do it for him. That will give him 500 or so with a lifetime BA of right around .300.

Robbie should finish this year with close to 2700 lifetime hits, which means two full years of playing regularly will push him over 3000 in 2005. With that, he should be a shoo-in. I can't see him signing with any team that won't play him regularly.

Alomar and Thomas should be first ballot hall of famers.

I guarantee Alomar will be although I think it will be a bit more difficult for Frank. Personally I say he's first ballot, but I doubt he gets in first ballot unless he has about 3 or 4 more real good seasons and I'm starting to think we could see a Bonds like turn around from Frank.

He's in awesome shape right now and I absolutely his new approach. He is scorching the inside pitch for the first time in his career in my opinion.

Frank will make the HOF. His OBP and AVG are very high, as well as his walk total, proving that he is a feared hitter. He isn't bad defensively either.

Just wondering as to who Alomar would go in with if he won the World Series here.

I think that Frank and Alomar should both be in the Hall of Fame. However, I don't know if people outside White Sox fans and the Sox organization will think that Frank should be in the Hall of Fame. I feel like I've heard sports writers say that Frank shouldn't be in the HOF, but I disagree with them completely.

Rob Dibble, for the hotdog that he is, did make a great point last night on BBTN. He said something to the extent of it does not matter whether or not you were a good guy off the field, but what you did on the field that should matter. That's exactly right.