SN Report: Sox Acquire Koch in 6-Player Deal

Molto

"I've been after Billy Koch for a couple of years now," White Sox GM Kenny Williams said.

Just like Kenny right Jason?

I love this deal upon this important fact....... we use the money saved to ACTUALLY GET A STARTING PITCHER!!!!

I love Billy Koch, but we didn't need a closer..... we do need starting pitcher, so if we use the extra dough to get a starting pitcher, and Billy the Kroch to boot........NIIIIIIIICE.

Go Get Paul Byrd now.......

Go Get Jamie Moyer.....

Go Get Roger Clemens(if possible)

We got the Kroch so......now what?

"I've been after Billy Koch for a couple of years now," White Sox GM Kenny Williams said.

wtf???....he has only been GM for 2 years now...he said the same thing about todd ritchie , onan masakoa , damaso marte , thomas jaquez and ryan kolhmeier...its like a freakin recorded message with KW...he has been after everybosy for years..even before he was a GM...god damn liar

Guest hotsoxchick1

ya know baggs your right... now why in the hell cant he always have wanted someone like maddux or clemens....i guess he cant hope that high huh........

I don't know if he would've told them jas.

either way, it doesn't make a difference. if you are dumb enough to make a trade and not make sure the player is healthy, you are the idiot. kinda like KW was the idiot in the barry/berry deal. he could've probably reworked that deal with Evans, but he f***ed up so he deserved which ever one they got.

Originally posted by Molto

I don't know if he would've told them jas. 

either way, it doesn't make a difference.  if you are dumb enough to make a trade and not make sure the player is healthy, you are the idiot.  kinda like KW was the idiot in the barry/berry deal.  he could've probably reworked that deal with Evans, but he f***ed up so he deserved which ever one they got.

molto i agree with you there...it is buyer beware..and if you deal with KW after what he did to gord ash and you dont check these things out then its your own fault...

but it does question the honor and integrity of KW...do i wanna be a fan of a team that cheats like that???...becomes a moral dilemma

yeah. well, although we don't know for sure, it looks pretty clear KW knew siro was hurt.

as far as Valentine, I don't think he dealt for injury purposes. the baseball world knew Valentine had arm problems and was pulled from the AFL. siro was kind of a secret.

as far as being a fan. I'm not sure. I'm a fan of baseball, and my team is the Sox, good, bad, moral or not.

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

When Thomas' DSC thingy ends on Friday, expect Carlos Lee to be dealt during the Winter Meetings for a SP.

Looks like my man Joe might be starting in Left on Opening Day!

Part of me wants Lee staying here, but I suspect that if Thomas is here Carlos isn't and hey I can't complain with either cause I think they both have good to great years next season.