Bartolo

Jim Fainter

You know, I love that name for some reason.

2-3 days ago Ron Dibble listed three well known pitchers who never throw inside. One was Bartolo.

Bart had his second super outing in a row today, and the highlights on BBTN showed 5-6 K's, all on the outside corner. I didn't see the game, obviously. Was he throwing inside at all? Tks.

Colon mixed it up today.

he threw outside to lefties and inside to righties, when he usually does the complete opposite.

he threw his change and curve occassional to keep guys off balance. overall, it was a very good outing.

This has nothing to do with your post but I read on chisox.com that Colon in his start against Cleveland threw 107 out of 111 pitches as fastballs is that possible?

Yes it is amazingly possible! when you think of how many differeent fastballs there are! 2 seamer, 4 seamer, tailer, cutter, and many more.

As a spectator 4 rows behind home plate at Sunday's game, I just wanna say that I think Colon is going to have a dominant second half. He was just downright filthy and was even getting a bit squeezed on a few pitches and still dominated...I hope that's the Bartolo we continue to see.

This has nothing to do with your post but I read on chisox.com that Colon in his start against Cleveland threw 107 out of 111 pitches as fastballs is that possible?

that and today's performance is why i was and still in favor of having colon here. esp when we start the playoff. yeeessssss.

I do remember Hawk noting Bartolo threw his first breaking ball in the 4th inning. The fewer of those he throws the better I say. He really only needs his arsenal of moving fastballs and a changeup to keep hitters honest. No need for him to risk hanging a weak breaking ball.

I do like Bartolo mixing it up a little. There's no reason to attack every single righty and lefty the same way and do it 3 or 4 times a game. Major league hitters will adjust.

Guest hotsoxchick1

so i take it fartolo did good today???? its about damn time......whats this like his 2nd win in the last 8 starts or something like that??????

so i take it fartolo did good today???? its about damn time......whats this like his 2nd win in the last 8 starts or something like that??????

i am a closet sCrubby fan

now listen here women, you keep that negative attitude here and we will go for a few rounds. :D :cheers

Guest hotsoxchick1

now listen here women, you keep that negative attitude here and we will go for a few rounds. :D :cheers

oh kiss my ass ldf...... :D :cheers

If it looks anything like the ass in CubsSuck's sig, I'll kiss it for him

;) :lol:

If it looks anything like the ass in CubsSuck's sig, I'll kiss it for him

;) :lol:

:lol: Just spreadin the greatness....