Predictions for other PTBNL?

KipWellsFan

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I'm going to take a good look at their minor leagues and see if theirs anyone out their that really makes sense that would fill a glaring hole either at the majors or the minor league level.

They had better pick up a god damn catcher else this deal makes completely no sense whatsoever.

Not that this is making much sense now, anyways. Yes! Go catcher platoon of Josh Paul and Miguel Olivio! That'll win a division!

s***.

Originally posted by Jjav829

KW should have gone after Damian Miller. Look what the Cubs gave up for him. Nothing! Although word is that if the Cubs sign Pudge Rodriguez, then may look to move Miller. 

Give up a couple minor league prospects, at the most....and make them bullpen pitchers too.

I think that if the Cubbies sign IRod, their team ERA will increase....they may not realize it, but IRod doesn't call many good games....and I don't have to find anything to tell you that. Just look at some of the Rangers past playoff teams...Ken Hill led the team in ERA in 1996...Aaron Sele in 1998 with a 4.23 ERA...and Aaron Sele again in 1999 with a 4.79 ERA....you think IRod calls good games? I don't...the only reason Texas was winning was because they had a good bullpen and an incredible offense...that year, only 3 people didn't hit 20 homers, and even Royce the Choice hit 14...they scored 945 runs and allowed 859....IRod may not be all the good they think he can or will be.

Originally posted by HeatherTheRedbird
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

KW is supposedly looking into signing a veteran catcher.

Their are some vets out their that could be had for cheap, aka league minimum to 500k.

Any possibility of him trying to get CJ back?

Not unless he's willing to take $500,000 a year.

Remember, this is the White $ox

And with CJ heading to Colorado, I would almost expect him to have another big year...if not, his career will be over, unless he takes a backup job elsewhere for not much money.

If we got CJ, he would need to suck this year and be willing to take on time as the backup catcher. Just because he sucked in Florida doesn't mean he will suck in Colorado...Colorado's thin air may help him big time...if not, we may be able to sign him to about $500,000-$1,000,000 in 2004....that's about it, IMO.