Commentary: Sox Acquire Closer of the Present and Future

Chisoxfn

Guest hotsoxchick1

now far be if from the cally news to make rumor mill broadcasts but.....have any of you cally guys heard anything with evans and frank talking yet??? just wondering.....i figured they would show choppers flying all over dodgers stadium about now lol......

Reports are they are interested in bringing in Cliff Floyd(As Brian Jordan's replacement, unless Jordan stays, I guess they'd move Floyd to first then?)

Or they are thinking about bringing in Jeff Kent.

Another name that I thought of was Ray Durham, but so far I haven't heard anyone hint his name.

I know one thing, the Dodger fans don't seem too excited by this move, but hey, they do save a bit of money, and if they get someone like Floyd to play first then its not terrible, but if they sit out their and don't get anyone they will be in sorry shape. Especially since they are losing Omaar Daal.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I know one thing, the Dodger fans don't seem too excited by this move, but hey, they do save a bit of money, and if they get someone like Floyd to play first then its not terrible, but if they sit out their and don't get anyone they will be in sorry shape.  Especially since they are losing Omaar Daal.

get someone like floyd to play first???...how about they get someone like frank thomas to play first???....who was frank's biggest supporter while he was in chicago???...danny evans...now that karros is gone ill be willing to bet my house evans atleast makes an offer to frank

thomas is a perfect fit for LA..he already has a house there in the off season

Guest hotsoxchick1

thats why i asked baggs.. i figured with the history that evans and frank have together that he would be a sure in......i know they were talking but thats about all it has amounted to thus far... no one is leaking out word one...not yet anyhow......i like the idea of frank going to la... at least if he gets to play in the field again its a sure thing for him to go to the hof..............

I talked to someone today and from what I hear its almost 100% sure that Frank Thomas will be back with the White Sox after Saturday.

The Dodgers haven't talked to him yet and talks with the Orioles have broken down. Plus, Schueler isn't getting the gm job.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well it didnt hurt to ask about whats going on out there.....i know there sure is a buzz around here about it.......i guess wait and see on this one is the best option .. at least till my crystal ball says otherwise.....lol.......

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

well it didnt hurt to ask about whats going on out there.....i know there sure is a buzz around here about it.......i guess wait and see on this one is the best option .. at least till my crystal ball says otherwise.....lol.......

I'll tell you what my crystal ball says...come December 8th, that is.