2010 Preview: Corner Outfielders

danman31

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
My jaw just dropped when I saw a picture of Trayce Thompson. I would have bet my house that this kid was black. :o I had to google him just incase you got his picture wrong. Wow.

He is half African American and have caucasian. He is the son of Mychael Thompson, who was a former #1 overall draft pick in the NBA who played for the Blazers and Lakers.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
He is half African American and have caucasian. He is the son of Mychael Thompson, who was a former #1 overall draft pick in the NBA who played for the Blazers and Lakers.

When I saw the name Trayce, saw his dad played in the NBA and his brother played in college, I just assumed. From his picture, he is awfully light skinned for being halfrican. I have a few friends that are halfrican, and they are both darker than Trayce.

Three things...Gartrell struck out a lot of the time looking. He was always seeing 7-8 pitches an at bat, so he was being very selective. So his strikeout rate isn't actually that bad. That is not a picture of Christian Marrero, that's Javier Colina. And, John Shelby was thrust into the leadoff roll at the start of 2009. I think that's what caused him to struggle, going from the middle of the order to the top.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 11:44 PM)
Three things...Gartrell struck out a lot of the time looking. He was always seeing 7-8 pitches an at bat, so he was being very selective. So his strikeout rate isn't actually that bad. That is not a picture of Christian Marrero, that's Javier Colina. And, John Shelby was thrust into the leadoff roll at the start of 2009. I think that's what caused him to struggle, going from the middle of the order to the top.

I didn't say Gartrell doesn't have patience at the plate, I just said he strikes out a lot. He drew a lot of walks when he was in Birmingham.

Tell the Birmingham News that that's not Marrero. It's not a picture of his batting stance, he's warming up.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 12:07 AM)
I didn't say Gartrell doesn't have patience at the plate, I just said he strikes out a lot. He drew a lot of walks when he was in Birmingham.

Tell the Birmingham News that that's not Marrero. It's not a picture of his batting stance, he's warming up.

I know, I was just pointing that out to anyone who was worried about his strikeouts and didn't know about his plate discipline. The News was told about that picture before, but never corrected it.