MLB TV Premium

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 05:03 PM)
Anyone use it? Does it work well when plugged into an HD TV? Ie, am I going to be able to get near HD TV quality?

I do since I live overseas. I just got a new laptop and HDMI data cord that I will be plugging into my HD TV- no idea how that will turn out but the picture quality on the monitor screen is EXCELLENT if you have a high speed connection. Praying it will look even better on the HDTV! I am hoping this year that MLB.TV doesn't blow up (as usual) on opening day- the last 3 years on opening day so many people hit the system that it inevitably crashes it....fingers crossed

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
I do since I live overseas. I just got a new laptop and HDMI data cord that I will be plugging into my HD TV- no idea how that will turn out but the picture quality on the monitor screen is EXCELLENT if you have a high speed connection. Praying it will look even better on the HDTV! I am hoping this year that MLB.TV doesn't blow up (as usual) on opening day- the last 3 years on opening day so many people hit the system that it inevitably crashes it....fingers crossed

But most of the time there aren't any issues with it being blurry or tough to follow? I know when I would watch it, sometimes I'd have one hell of a time being able to actually follow the ball due to the buffering.

I've used it for years and I say it is 100% worth it. The picture quality is great, but it is a notch below Direct TV or Comcast HD. You also need a high speed internet connection that can handle it. If you're thinking about streaming from your computer to the TV, forget about it. You'll need to connect a computer directly to the TV.

What makes it worth it for me is the extra features the software offers. You can watch multiple games at a time. You can follow your fantasy team, and, for instance, while you're watching the Sox, little notifications will pop up in the corner of the screen. (I.E. "Pujols is at bat next. Pujols homered." etc) You also have the choice to choose the home broadcast or away broadcast. Dislike the announcers? Switch the broadcast.

My experience, though, they've switched their software every single year I've used it and they ALWAYS have problems with it the first few weeks of the season. You'll be able to watch the games, but don't count on the software right out of the gate.

I used it last year with my Roku box and plan on using it again this year. I think it is a much better way of enjoying it on my tv then connecting it to a laptop, but there is an additional fee of buying the Roku. There is no fee to stream it to the Roku itself, just the price of the MLB.TV sub.

Edited by Dubyaj

QUOTE (Dubyaj @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
I used it last year with my Roku box and plan on using it again this year. I think it is a much better way of enjoying it on my tv then connecting it to a laptop, but there is an additional fee of the box.

I won't have to pay the fee. I can directly hook my tv to the internet or just hook it to my laptop.