This is interesting

zach23

With Foulke now gone, that means the only 2 players from the "White Flag" trade still in the organization are Barcelo and Vinning. Barcelo looks like he will have arm problems forever, and Vinning is 29 and still can't make a roster spot.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Hey, it got us Billy Koch.

Don't let this trade fool you. This was more of a deal to unload Foulke's salary than it was a deal for Koch.

Anybody else recognize the deja vu here? Everybody's in love with this Koch guy the same way everyone was in love with Toad Ritchie. Any deal KW makes now, I'm taking the wait and see approach.

Guest hotsoxchick1

correct me if im wrong but isnt vinning with the astros now... i know i read that somewhere .........im sure i did .. anyhow can we assume that barcelo will be next to go then since hes the last one left????loll

Originally posted by CubKilla

Don't let this trade fool you. This was more of a deal to unload Foulke's salary than it was a deal for Koch.

Anybody else recognize the deja vu here? Everybody's in love with this Koch guy the same way everyone was in love with Toad Ritchie. Any deal KW makes now, I'm taking the wait and see approach.

I hated the Ritchie deal. The only deal I've really liked so far were the Wells deal, Jimenez deal and now this deal(I'm talking right off the bat)

I laid into KW when he got us Marte, because i was pissed since the guy was going to be on waivers.

I hated the Ritchie deal. The only deal I've really liked so far were the Wells deal, Jimenez deal and now this deal(I'm talking right off the bat)

I laid into KW when he got us Marte, because i was pissed since the guy was going to be on waivers.

i dont think he was calling you out per say but this site ran what seemed like daily articles giving us every scenario on why ritchie was gonna be the next cy young...how this was a great trade blah blah blah..for what seemed like months (in reality it was probably a couple of weeks)..i think thats what he is refering to

i dont think he was calling you out per say but this site ran what seemed like daily articles giving us every scenario on why ritchie was gonna be the next cy young...how this was a great trade blah blah blah..for what seemed like months (in reality it was probably a couple of weeks)..i think thats what he is refering to

ummm, that wasn't me? lol :)

you are right baggs except that there was only one story, but I did talk up ritchie quite a bit, but because I honestly saw him putting big numbers.

I was wrong in what ritchie would do, but I still think he's a solid pitcher. just needs to get his curve back.

Originally posted by Molto

ummm, that wasn't me? lol :)

you are right baggs except that there was only one story, but I did talk up ritchie quite a bit, but because I honestly saw him putting big numbers.

I was wrong in what ritchie would do, but I still think he's a solid pitcher. just needs to get his curve back.

well let hope your right..because i dont think we are going to sign a number 2 starter...so it might end up being todd ritchie after all:o

I'm gunning for Garland, he's the #2 right now.

Ritchie is looking at the #4 spot. KW and the Sox have made it clear that they want someone to go between Buehrle, Wright, and Garland.

if they sign Ritchie though (or give him 3 mil a year) he'll be in teh rotation no matter.

Ritchie should be okay though. as bad as he was last year, he isn't really that bad. you can maybe think KW is a bad GM, but nobody should really think that he dealt 3 guys for a 6.00 ERA pitcher. Ritchie is better than that - maybe 10 win guy with a 4.50 ERA.

we DO need another starter. if we don't get one, we need a diamond to emerge. my sleeper pick is Josh Stewart for ST.

who knows, maybe Rauch or even, hold your breath, Adkins pans out.

if that happens then our rotation won't be that bad, but expecting Ritchie to comeback, Wright to improve and find a diamond in the rough in one season is a bit far fetched, but you never know.

I am looking foward to 2003, not because I think we are gonna do good, but I like watching guys Jimenez, Crede, Garland, and Olivo play.

Originally posted by baggio202

I wasn't calling anybody out. I was just mentioning the above stated scenario is similar to what people are saying about Koch. Since I have absolutely no confidence in KW's ability as a GM, I'll reserve my comments until I see Koch pitch in a White Sox uniform.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Ya, we outrighted Barcelo at the end of the season and I don't think we are considering bringing him  back.  To be honest, I don't even think he wants to play anymore.

and then there were none..........lol.....geez zach see how easy that was to dump the remaining guys left from the white flag days..........i tell ya we should be managing this team...........lol