4/26 Games

flavum

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
The Nunez starting experiment doesn't appear to be going very well, so far.

Speaking of high K numbers, Ciolli with 25 K's and just 1 BB in 66 AB (67 PA) for a 37.3% K rate and a .008 IsoOBP. Not so good.

Ciolli has been a big disappointment thus far.

And by the way, IsoOBP is usually just written as IsoD (D for discipline), and K% is typically SO/AB not PA.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
Ciolli has been a big disappointment thus far.

And by the way, IsoOBP is usually just written as IsoD (D for discipline), and K% is typically SO/AB not PA.

I sometimes get my stat short-names mixed up. Also, interestingly, I have seen people in here, and on FutureSox, and in other articles, do the K% either way. Of course in Ciolli's case, since he basically doesn't walk, it doesn't make much difference.

But I think in the future I'll just not say K% at all, instead specifically state K/AB rate or K/PA rate, to be more clear.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)

I've seen K% more for PA. It makes sense. A walk is an opportunity to strike out where the player did not. Just because he didn't hit the ball in play doesn't mean he didn't show skill to avoid striking out.