The wrong girl...

Steff

I dunno man, im pretty sure almost all of those women see the signs well before marriage.  Pyschos dont hide it very well.

100% correct.

And if you marry someone that turns out to be a psycho, chances are, you didn't know them very well to begin with, and you never should have gotten married in the first place.

Life is about choices my friends, and women who marry men who hit them and stay with them and take the abuse must live with that choice. I do not feel 1 iota of sympathy for someone who volutarily subjects themself to abuse of any kind -- be it verbal, physical, and/or mental.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

100% correct.

And if you marry someone that turns out to be a psycho, chances are, you didn't know them very well to begin with, and you never should have gotten married in the first place.

Life is about choices my friends, and women who marry men who hit them and stay with them and take the abuse must live with that choice.  I do not feel 1 iota of sympathy for someone who volutarily subjects themself to abuse of any kind -- be it verbal, physical, and/or mental.

Yikes!!

Considering most men are the abusers, you're kind of s***tin on people's moms who were subject to this treatment.

That's not very nice. :nono

There is no winner to the arguments that surround DV. Too many variables. No 2 cases are the same.

I understand the "get out" philosophy, but I refuse to pass judgement on anyone because they didn't/couldn't. I haven't walked in those shoes.

JMO.

There is no winner to the arguments that surround DV. Too many variables. No 2 cases are the same.

So why did you ask someone to share their experience with domestic violence? If "no 2 cases are the same" and there are "too many variables", wouldn't those experience(s) be irrelevant? :huh:

And the LAST thing women who are being beaten by their husband/boyfriend should do is have a child with that man. All that does is bring another life into this world that will likely be f***ed up.

So why did you ask someone to share their experience with domestic violence?  If "no 2 cases are the same" and there are "too many variables", wouldn't those experience(s) be irrelevant? :huh:

And the LAST thing women who are being beaten by their husband/boyfriend should do is have a child with that man.  All that does is bring another life into this world that will likely be f***ed up.

To get a perspective? A point of view? To not pass judgement and call names.. :rolleyes:

I agree with ya on the second point. IF there is any hint of something wrong, I would get out. I don't reserve it to beating though.. IMO, mental/verbal abuse is worse then physical. But again.. never been there so that's not really a "fair" opinion as I have nothng to compare it to.

If you excuse weakness, they yes, you should be done with this topic.

BMR, I remember when you had weakness yourself. Remember your recent ex?

She s*** all over you and you still stayed with her until she pretty much almost turned you in at work and got your resignation. She did a lot of evil s*** to you and you still stayed with her. Why? Cuz you didn't want to be alone? Didn't want to be sad? Those are some of the same reasons why women don't leave wife beaters right off the bat. There is also the fear factor that if they do, the man will come get them and beat or murder them [as has happened in too many cases to count] It's not a cut and dry, black and white situation and cannot be justified with a "if they don't leave immediately, I will not feel sympathy for them". Fear can influence people greatly into doing certain things so they don't receive a harsh punishment.

BMR, I remember when you had weakness yourself.  Remember your recent ex?

She s*** all over you and you still stayed with her until she pretty much almost turned you in at work and got your resignation.  She did a lot of evil s*** to you and you still stayed with her.  Why?  Cuz you didn't want to be alone?  Didn't want to be sad?  Those are some of the same reasons why women don't leave wife beaters right off the bat.  There is also the fear factor that if they do, the man will come get them and beat or murder them [as has happened in too many cases to count]  It's not a cut and dry, black and white situation and cannot be justified with a "if they don't leave immediately, I will not feel sympathy for them".  Fear can influence people greatly into doing certain things so they don't receive a harsh punishment.

LOL dude know your facts. I dumped her almost a year ago. I dumped her at the first sign of cheating. :rolleyes: It took me awhile to stop loving her, but i didnt stick with her. In the end, THATS why she turned me in. k?