The wrong girl...

Steff

No -- Tom identified Kate Faber -- to my knowledge, that is the correct person.

And yes, he definitely has a face (and body) for radio.  But what does that have to do with anything?   :huh:

Leykis is a douche bag. He's been in trouble with the law before for beating his wife.

How about you get your facts straight before you slander somebody? The charges were dropped, and the thing never even went to trial. Tom and his then wife were both drunk, and they got into a shouting match. She called the police, and you know what happens when a wife does that -- the guys gets arrested EVERY-FRIGGIN-TIME.

Do your research before spouting off on things that you obviously know nothing about.

haha ok he's not a douche bag, you're right. he only said the rape victim's name on the air with no reservations.

here's your goddamn research.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/leykis1.html

So you're gonna tell me that's true, and the charges were dropped? :rolleyes:

Tom's discussed this incident many times on the air -- and media outlets all over the country came out of the woodwork and acted like they had a big scoop on Tom, when in fact they had nothing.

And everything thesmokinggun says must be true, right? They don't have an agenda.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes, he definitely has a face (and body) for radio.  But what does that have to do with anything?   :huh:

Leykis is a douche bag. He's been in trouble with the law before for beating his wife.

How about you get your facts straight before you slander somebody? The charges were dropped, and the thing never even went to trial. Tom and his then wife were both drunk, and they got into a shouting match. She called the police, and you know what happens when a wife does that -- the guys gets arrested EVERY-FRIGGIN-TIME.

Do your research before spouting off on things that you obviously know nothing about.

haha ok he's not a douche bag, you're right. he only said the rape victim's name on the air with no reservations.

Leykis is a deuche. Not only did he say the name and all that other crap but he was basically ripping her on the radio show.

A buddy of mine was listening to it when I was in the car with him and I swear if I was that girl I'd kick Tom's ass.

Yeah, and I suppose the shouting caused a bump on her forehead, and the shouting was the reason he was on probation for a year, and the reason he attended a domestic violence class. I can't believe you're defending this douche. Ugh.

Yeah, and I suppose the shouting caused a bump on her forehead, and the shouting was the reason he was on probation for a year, and the reason he attended a domestic violence class. I can't believe you're defending this douche. Ugh.

:rolleyes:

I suggest you learn something about the way the law treats men in "domestic violence incidents" before you continue to slander Tom.

And this conversation has nothing to do with him outing Kate Faber. I'm simply saying that he didn't beat his wife. And let's just say that he did for the sake of argument. They stayed married for another 7 years after this "beating". Yeah, he must have really beat her ass bad.

Leykis is a deuche. Not only did he say the name and all that other crap but he was basically ripping her on the radio show.

A buddy of mine was listening to it when I was in the car with him and I swear if I was that girl I'd kick Tom's ass.

If people can rip Kobe (who may very well be innocent), why can't they rip on the "victim" (who may very well be full of s***)? Seems that they are equal. I'm sure Tom will apologize to the girl if she is telling the truth. Will those who are ripping Kobe apologize to him if he is proven to be not guilty? Highly unlikely. But Kobe is in the public eye already, so it's OK to rip him a new asshole left and right, right?

haha god forbid someone slanders the douche who has already slandered a RAPE VICTIM in the past weeks. poor little douchey tom leykis. let's give him the benefit of the doubt, huh? I mean, the douche only beat his wife a little. he is the real victim in all of this.

i use rape victim for the sake of brevity, everyone knows the story already. pardon me, i should have said ALLEGED RAPE VICTIM WHO MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE BEEN RAPED OR MAY BE MAKING THE STORY UP

That's better. Don't allow brevity to get in the way of the truth, my friend.

If people can rip Kobe (who may very well be innocent), why can't they rip on the "victim" (who may very well be full of s***)? Seems that they are equal. I'm sure Tom will apologize to the girl if she is telling the truth. Will those who are ripping Kobe apologize to him if he is proven to be not guilty? Highly unlikely. But Kobe is in the public eye already, so it's OK to rip him a new asshole left and right, right?

I think people should just shut up about the entire damn thing when it comes to laying accusations on one or the other until the damn case is settled.

There is so many conflicting reports thats its freaking ridiculous. Instead of making judgements people should just wait.

And I don't find it proper to rip on a girl who could of been raped and beaten or whatever else. If she ends up making this crap up then I'd have my rant of how stupid she is and how she wanted fame, fortune, etc.

I also haven't ripped Kobe. The only thing I've said is I'd be dissapointed if he did it cause he seemed to have his head on straight and it just seems like a rare trait out of most NBA players and other sport stars.

I have said that Kobe was a fool for cheating on his wife (He admitted to that).

Everyone is entitled to their opinions though. Its just if I were raped and it actually happened and all I heard was s*** on the radio of people calling me a whore, etc then I'd be really f***ing pissed. Just like I'd be pissed if I were Kobe and people were calling me a rapist if I knew I never did it.

I think people should just shut up about the entire damn thing when it comes to laying accusations on one or the other until the damn case is settled.

There is so many conflicting reports thats its freaking ridiculous. Instead of making judgements people should just wait.

And I don't find it proper to rip on a girl who could of been raped and beaten or whatever else. If she ends up making this crap up then I'd have my rant of how stupid she is and how she wanted fame, fortune, etc.

I also haven't ripped Kobe. The only thing I've said is I'd be dissapointed if he did it cause he seemed to have his head on straight and it just seems like a rare trait out of most NBA players and other sport stars.

I have said that Kobe was a fool for cheating on his wife (He admitted to that).

Everyone is entitled to their opinions though. Its just if I were raped and it actually happened and all I heard was s*** on the radio of people calling me a whore, etc then I'd be really f***ing pissed. Just like I'd be pissed if I were Kobe and people were calling me a rapist if I knew I never did it.

Fair enough, and I think that's the stance everyone should take. Just wait and see what happens.

Is this the girl that the douche bag radio DJ Tom Leykis (sp?) outed? And some people say Maury has a face for radio  :rolleyes: :lol: .

Actually.. he outed the real girl's name from what I understand. Didn't hear the show personally.

I suggest you learn something about the way the law treats men in "domestic violence incidents" before you continue to slander Tom.

And this conversation has nothing to do with him outing Kate Faber.  I'm simply saying that he didn't beat his wife.  And let's just say that he did for the sake of argument.  They stayed married for another 7 years after this "beating".  Yeah, he must have really beat her ass bad.

In response to your first sentence..... find a cop that is going to do all of the paperwork involved in a Domestic Battery arrest when there is absolutely no physical evidence visible on the victim and I'll give you $100 because NO COP is going to arrest anybody simply because of a shouting match.

In response to your second statement..... most battered women STAY with the accused batterer for a variety of reasons..... some of them include, but are not limited to..... economic, family, fear, insecurity, and self-effacing reasons.

I suggest you do some of the research you're telling alot of the posters to do because you obviously don't have clue 1 about what you are talking about when it comes to Domestic Battery.

And this conversation has nothing to do with him outing Kate Faber.  I'm simply saying that he didn't beat his wife.  And let's just say that he did for the sake of argument.  They stayed married for another 7 years after this "beating".  Yeah, he must have really beat her ass bad.

In response to your first sentence..... find a cop that is going to do all of the paperwork involved in a Domestic Battery arrest when there is absolutely no physical evidence visible on the victim and I'll give you $100 because NO COP is going to arrest anybody simply because of a shouting match.

In response to your second statement..... most battered women STAY with the accused batterer for a variety of reasons..... some of them include, but are not limited to..... economic, family, fear, insecurity, and self-effacing reasons.

I suggest you do some of the research you're telling alot of the posters to do because you obviously don't have clue 1 about what you are talking about when it comes to Domestic Battery.

Cubkilla i respect you a lot. I hope you are not suggesting the reasons those women stay with those men are valid?

Cubkilla i respect you a lot. I hope you are not suggesting the reasons those women stay with those men are valid?

Unfortunately, they are extremely valid and there alot more. Dealing with a battered woman..... or man for that matter..... is perhaps one of the most trying situations for law enforcement and the courts because most think it's easy to dump a batterer. I suggest Clu go and talk to a battered wife with an alcoholic husband, with 4 kids, no job, none of her own money, and no job skills other than making her abusive husband 3 meals a day, no family within 8 hours drive time, and the emotional stress of being told everyday that if she doesn't shape up, "I'll kill you and those kids", and ask her how easy it would be to leave her abusive husband.

Sit in Domestic Violence Court one day. See how "wonderful" alot of the world is. And make no mistake about it. Men and women arrested for Domestic Battery are batterers and they will do it again. Whether or not it will be reported to the police after the first arrest is anybody's guess.

Unfortunately, they are extremely valid and there alot more. Dealing with a battered woman..... or man for that matter..... is perhaps one of the most trying situations for law enforcement and the courts because most think it's easy to dump a batterer. I suggest Clu go and talk to a battered wife with an alcoholic husband, with 4 kids, no job, none of her own money, and no job skills other than making her abusive husband 3 meals a day, no family within 8 hours drive time, and the emotional stress of being told everyday that if she doesn't shape up, "I'll kill you and those kids", and ask her how easy it would be to leave her abusive husband.

Sit in Domestic Violence Court one day. See how "wonderful" alot of the world is. And make no mistake about it. Men and women arrested for Domestic Battery are batterers and they will do it again. Whether or not it will be reported to the police after the first arrest is anybody's guess.

Well here is my problem with those women. Im guessing, from what i know about domestic violence, that almost ALWAYS, those men hit and abuse those women before they get married and have kids. If thats the case, and i believe it is in almost all cases, I dont feel sorry for them at all. Like you said, once an abuser, always a abuser.

Well here is my problem with those women.  Im guessing, from what i know about domestic violence, that almost ALWAYS, those men hit and abuse those women before they get married and have kids.  If thats the case, and i believe it is in almost all cases, I dont feel sorry for them at all.  Like you said, once an abuser, always a abuser.

ugh ugh ugh. please, just acknowledge the fact that not everyone thinks like you. not everyone is capable of walking away from an abusive relationship. not everyone has the guts to point at their husband/boyfriend (or wife/girlfriend, in rare cases) and say "yes, he (she) hit me."

ugh ugh ugh. please, just acknowledge the fact that not everyone thinks like you. not everyone is capable of walking away from an abusive relationship. not everyone has the guts to point at their husband/boyfriend (or wife/girlfriend, in rare cases) and say "yes, he (she) hit me."

ummmmmmmmmmmm why not? Its called weakness and it shouldnt be excused.

Well here is my problem with those women.  Im guessing, from what i know about domestic violence, that almost ALWAYS, those men hit and abuse those women before they get married and have kids.  If thats the case, and i believe it is in almost all cases, I dont feel sorry for them at all.  Like you said, once an abuser, always a abuser.

It happens like that..... sometimes. But for most, it's a classic Jeckyl and Hyde study in the batterers behavior. The change usually occurs after marriage.

It happens like that..... sometimes. But for most, it's a classic Jeckyl and Hyde study in the batterers behavior. The change usually occurs after marriage.

I dunno man, im pretty sure almost all of those women see the signs well before marriage. Pyschos dont hide it very well.