Chris Young

dasox24

Is this guy a real prospect, or what? :huh: He's tearing it up for Bristol, but I want to know how old he is before I take his stats in to too much consideration. He leads off most games for Bristol, and is an outfielder for them. Here are his stats:

G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI SH SF HP BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG

40 153 32 49 78 10 2 5 23 1 1 4 15 23 15 6 .320 .393 .510

Born in Sept of 1983, so not even 20 yet, showed promise last year in Rookie league, tho he hit less than .220, he knows how to get on base, is fast and can play OF, he is as good a prospect right now as Nanita, Anderson etc...

i really don't know which way i think about him.

for now, i am going to go with what you and rex have to say.

some part of him feel as he will not become a solid enuf hitter.

i hope i am wrong.

I agree with MNF. He's very fast and is still very young, plus he's made great strides with strike zone judgement and with the bat. I think last year he was adapting from aluminum to wood bats.

He's got a good future if he keeps progressing.

For some reason, it was the other Young, first name Eddie, who was moved up to Kanny. I have wondered if the Sox made a mistake and sent the wrong Young , you know, sort of like Berry/Barry. But Eddie is doing well, also.

Next year Kanny is likely to have a dyn-o-mite outfield with Anderson, Young, Sweeney, Nanita, King to choose from. Whoever does the best will probably so to the Warthogs early in 2004.