Still have no shot at Colon?

witesoxfan

Just found this on the Yahoo! baseball site....

Click here

It appears Montreal will have to dump salary...I just hope KW doesn't get us screwed over trading to a team that is looking to just dump salary...that is, if we traded for one of their pitchers.

It could be interesting....I'm not sure if I can wait for the Winter Meetings to arrive...I am excited that we may get to see new personell...but I'm a little weary of the fact that KW is making the trade, not Billy Beane or Dave Towers or Ron Scheuler, but Kenny Williams...it kind of scares me. I hate this feeling!

Originally posted by witesoxfan

It could be interesting....I'm not sure if I can wait for the Winter Meetings to arrive...I am excited that we may get to see new personell...but I'm a little weary of the fact that KW is making the trade, not Billy Beane or Dave Towers or Ron Scheuler, but Kenny Williams...it kind of scares me.  I hate this feeling!

You're not the only one. But as far as Colon goes, check my sig ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

i seriously dont think we will get colon for the simple reason that jr is head of the dump the expos patrol with seligs daughter..... so i dont think either team stands a chance of colon .........

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

i seriously dont think we will get colon for the simple reason that jr is head of the dump the expos patrol with seligs daughter..... so i dont think either team stands a chance of colon .........

You are thinking they will call the trade bad because of tampering, of something of the sort? Because I personally don't see what is wrong with JR going up there to help clean and what not and then having KW trade for him...what's unethical about that?:huh

Course they said that in the Siro deal too....nothing bad came out of that(except didn't Brian Simmons have to go back to Toronto? Jeez, what a loss! :) We picked him backup off waviers and then cut him again too)....and Selig and Reinsdorf are friends aren't they? I mean I know friendship has nothing to do with buisness, but he'd give more leeway to JR because of the fact that Selig's daughter is in Milwaukee and will be up with JR...and Selig can trust his daughter, can't he? Maybe I don't quite understand buisness yet...all I understand is baseball and the moves.

Anyways, we couldn't resign him anyways...I just thought I'd let everyone know about this whole thing.

HSC, I should have clarified...we wouldn't be able to resign him if we were to trade for him...he'd want $10 mill a year, plus Maggs's salary will balloon, Konerko's salary will be higher, as well as Koch's and Buehrle's...that more than makes up for the $5 million that would be saved with Jose leaving...and puts our salary at about $60 or so million, I suppose. And after next year, Osuna will be out of the picture, guarenteed(YES!!!)...which puts us at about $7-8 million extra...so maybe at about $57 million without Colon's new contract added on. You think JR is going to let our salary be $67 million or so? I doubt it. We couldn't financially trade for and then sign Colon to a long term deal.

Right now, I personally believe we should add a cheap option from free agency(I hate to say that because that's what we've done the past couple years and it has come back and bit us in the ass)...we gotta hope for another 2000 if we want to win. I personally do not care if we win or not next year...we will have Koch for a while, we'll have to resign Marte, Garland, etc...we will have to let go of some players, sad as it may be, unless JR does open the wallet or people start to show up to Comiskey. Maybe he can sell the naming rights, make the stadium look like that computer image, and people will start to come....or maybe he can just sell the team to some really really rich guy that will dish out the cash.

I still think next year will be very fun....whether or not we win. The young guys will be fun to watch play...I can't wait.

Originally posted by witesoxfan

HSC, I should have clarified...we wouldn't be able to resign him if we were to trade for him...he'd want $10 mill a year, plus Maggs's salary will balloon, Konerko's salary will be higher, as well as Koch's and Buehrle's...that more than makes up for the $5 million that would be saved with Jose leaving...and puts our salary at about $60 or so million, I suppose.  And after next year, Osuna will be out of the picture, guarenteed(YES!!!)...which puts us at about $7-8 million extra...so maybe at about $57 million without Colon's new contract added on.  You think JR is going to let our salary be $67 million or so?  I doubt it.  We couldn't financially trade for and then sign Colon to a long term deal.

Right now, I personally believe we should add a cheap option from free agency(I hate to say that because that's what we've done the past couple years and it has come back and bit us in the ass)...we gotta hope for another 2000 if we want to win.  I personally do not care if we win or not next year...we will have Koch for a while, we'll have to resign Marte, Garland, etc...we will have to let go of some players, sad as it may be, unless JR does open the wallet or people start to show up to Comiskey.  Maybe he can sell the naming rights, make the stadium look like that computer image, and people will start to come....or maybe he can just sell the team to some really really rich guy that will dish out the cash.

I still think next year will be very fun....whether or not we win.  The young guys will be fun to watch play...I can't wait.

it's been reported that somebody has made an offer to reinsdorf to buy the team...dont know how serious an offer it is..but JR is what getting close to 65 by now???...he's gotta s*** or get off the pot soon

Thats sweet. I hope he considers it as long as its a quality owner with deep pockets :D

I don't know if their is much truth to the thought that his son will take over. I know he's at Kornell or something and he's big on baseball, but no one said the father would pass him the team. Its just something many like myself speculated on.