Most Heartwarming Movie Scenes

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:25 AM)
"Dad...wanna have a catch?"

/thread

Yeah, apart from the fact that I have never heard any Midwesterner ever speak of "having" a catch. I always "played" catch. Didn't you?

I really enjoy that movie, but that particular phrasing is so odd that it takes me outside the movie and detracts a bit from the power of the scene.

I don't know what it is about baseball movies, but the ending of The Natural affects me the same way. I like that movie a lot, too, but watching the ending, I always end up thinking how different it is from the book, rather than just taking it in.

Jenny introduces Forrest to child, and then let's the cat out of the bag that this child, named Forrest, is in fact named for his father.

Forrest gets choked up. Struggles to blurt out a few words, "is he... is he" and motions to his head.

She then tells him how smart young Forrest is...

Gets me everytime.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
Yeah, apart from the fact that I have never heard any Midwesterner ever speak of "having" a catch. I always "played" catch. Didn't you?

I really enjoy that movie, but that particular phrasing is so odd that it takes me outside the movie and detracts a bit from the power of the scene.

I don't know what it is about baseball movies, but the ending of The Natural affects me the same way. I like that movie a lot, too, but watching the ending, I always end up thinking how different it is from the book, rather than just taking it in.

True...but in the movie...Kevin Costner isn't originally from the Midwest, he was born and raised in NY and went to college at Berkeley. Annie was from Iowa and that's why they moved there.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)
You guys are wusses.....

Um, the part in UP where he opens the photo album and sees the note his wife left about creating his own adventures.

Totally.

The final scene in The Lives of Others when Ulrich (former Stasi guy) buys the book and says "It's for me."

The final scene in It's a Wonderful Life "To my brother--the richest man in town!"

The scene in Harvey when Veta rushes in to stop Elwood from getting the procedure.

The scene where Edward finally asks Elinor to marry him in Sense and Sensibility.

The scene in The African Queen when Hepburn's spinster talks about how she's never felt so alive.