ESPN.com

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
Is anyone else having trouble on ESPN.com? Every time I go to it to check my fantasy team my browser stops working. They just changed their site, hopefully they're just working out the kinks.

Are you having trouble running flash on your computer? I had issues with flash a few months ago and ESPN had a hard time loading during that period.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 01:34 AM)
Are you having trouble running flash on your computer? I had issues with flash a few months ago and ESPN had a hard time loading during that period.

You know what, that might be it. What did you do when you were having troubles with it?

It crashes everytime I go to it. Then again, I have to use IE5 (don't ask) so I figured it was just an old browser thing.

Regardless, I'm sure they'll have to figure out the kinks....they don't want to lose web traffic just because certain browsers don't work.

Any suggestions on how to fix it in the interim would be helpful though. :)

QUOTE (Fotop @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 02:17 AM)
It crashes everytime I go to it. Then again, I have to use IE5 (don't ask) so I figured it was just an old browser thing.

Regardless, I'm sure they'll have to figure out the kinks....they don't want to lose web traffic just because certain browsers don't work.

It's probably internet explorer that's causing the problems. I just downloaded firefox, and now ESPN works fine.

QUOTE (Fotop @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 02:17 AM)

It's kind of the other way around. They are forcing users to upgrade their browsers to view their web pages properly. A lot of web designers only go so far back testing functionality of their web sites with older browsers. Eventually they stop supporting them. I'd recommend updating IE or using a different browser for testing purposes. If you insist on using IE5 try to update flash and shockwave.