No Danny Wright yet?

JUGGERNAUT

ESPN still has Ginter listed for Sat, but he had 13SV, 59ip, and 39 gp in AAA.

I don't see how the SOX can expect to get 5 ip out of him Sat.

Other options:

Dump White, re-call Wright. This seemed the most logical.

Starting Buerhle on Sat is not an option.

The SOX have 1 off day in the first 24 days of Aug.

You have to have a 5th starter in that span.

Ginter is not that guy.

Dump White or Dauby & bring up Wright.

You need Harris & Rowand for late inning D like you saw in the KC series.

The competition is strong the rest of the way.

i think we should start schoenweiss b/c he has faced seattle many times and knows how to pitch to their hitters..the way the sox are playing all we need is an ok start and we can put up enough runs...i think we should bring up wright and send down or release white..wright is younger and can also start for us.

i think we should start schoenweiss b/c he has faced seattle many times and knows how to pitch to their hitters..the way the sox are playing all we need is an ok start and we can put up enough runs...i think we should bring up wright and send down or release white..wright is younger and can also start for us.

Schoeneweis has only thrown 41 innings all year with his longest outing being 2 2/3. He will not be your starter.

I agree they will wait until after tonight's game, before making the annoucement so they can make use of the current roster before Wright comes back.

They need a 5th starter. Period. With 23 games in the next 24 days there are at least 3 starts for a 5th starter.

Being in a dog fight where every game is do or die, you can't simply spot those starts.

It's time for Wright to step it up.

If Wright can't do the job, then expect Cotts to get the ball next.

Agreed Rex, the ball's really in Danny's court right now. We need to win about 33 more games this yr to make it and we can't afford to just hand 7-8 losses over plus burn up the pen that many times(which might hurt more), Danny needs to step up or get out of the way.

I seriously doubt they'll be releasing any guys at this point.

Wouldn't it be logical to recall Wright after tonites game, send down Ginter, and then reverse the process after Saturdays game? They won't need the 5th starter again until 8/12 or 8/13 vs. Anahiem.

Schoeneweis CANNOT start.....its fact. He is a relief pitcher that hasn't even thrown 3 innings in an outing. It was already said that they were strongly considering bringing up Cotts, but since SEattle hits over .270 as a team vs. lefties, it will be Danny Wright. The only mystery right now is who will be offthe 25 man roster to make room for Danny....my vote goes for Role Player White, or maybe Harris.

Schoeneweis CANNOT start.....its fact. He is a relief pitcher that hasn't even thrown 3 innings in an outing. It was already said that they were strongly considering bringing up Cotts, but since SEattle hits over .270 as a team vs. lefties, it will be Danny Wright. The only mystery right now is who will be offthe 25 man roster to make room for Danny....my vote goes for Role Player White, or maybe Harris.

I'm gonna have to say ginter since we've only seen him once, i think, since he was called up.

There was some discussion earlier that Ginter is out of options.

They don't have to send someone down just yet. They could put someone

on the 15th day DL to make room for Wright. With the way Whitey Ford has been pitching that's not a bad idea either. Have him do some weight training during that time.

There was some discussion earlier that Ginter is out of options.

They don't have to send someone down just yet.  They could put someone

on the 15th day DL to make room for Wright.  With the way Whitey Ford has been pitching that's not a bad idea either. Have him do some weight training during that time.

They can shuffle Ginter down to Charlotte and back as many times as they want to this year. Options are technically option years and each year only counts as one option, no matter how many times a guy goes up and down. He has already been sent down this year so his option for this year is spent.

If they are going to shuffle players, then sending Ginter or Harris down would only be a paper move. They can activate Wright and send someone down without them actually going somewhere. They can then send Wright down and activate the other player without Wright going anywhere. They could all be paper moves without the players physically going anywhere.