Ozzie and the staff will be back for 2011

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
The interesting thing if you read between the lines, is that Thome pretty much admits he wouldn't have been nearly as motivated if the Sox did bring him back.

That's actually a pretty good point.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
Reading the Thome article in today's Sun Times makes me wonder how both Kenny and Ozzie are back next year.

What specific part of that article makes you wonder that?? I agree about it being a bad decision, and Kotsay sucks, blah blah blah, but that article just talks about Thome suddenly caring more about playing when he signed with the Twins. Looking at it that way, you can't expect KW to never ever let a FA walk in fears that he is gonna get a chip on his shoulder when he plays the Sox.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 07:36 AM)
What specific part of that article makes you wonder that?? I agree about it being a bad decision, and Kotsay sucks, blah blah blah, but that article just talks about Thome suddenly caring more about playing when he signed with the Twins. Looking at it that way, you can't expect KW to never ever let a FA walk in fears that he is gonna get a chip on his shoulder when he plays the Sox.

The part of the article that reminded me that we got rid of a great clubhouse guy who's also a formidable left handed power bat and not having anything in place to make up for that production. And to hear his new teammates vocalize what a poor decision it was for the Sox just made me even more annoyed.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 09:04 AM)
The part of the article that reminded me that we got rid of a great clubhouse guy who's also a formidable left handed power bat and not having anything in place to make up for that production. And to hear his new teammates vocalize what a poor decision it was for the Sox just made me even more annoyed.

Gotcha, I thought it was a specific part that stood out. But being reminded that they decided Kotsay >>> Thome is a good enough reason for me.

joe cowley trying make ozzie mad with this one... all I know is white sox need stop current patterns they been doing last few seasons and that is start off slow, start hitting in june and july, and then falling back in august and september. we gotta get better being more consistent.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
joe cowley trying make ozzie mad with this one... all I know is white sox need stop current patterns they been doing last few seasons and that is start off slow, start hitting in june and july, and then falling back in august and september. we gotta get better being more consistent.

Maybe spread the NL games out throughout the season.