4/23 Games

danman31

QUOTE (TomPickle @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
Rough day for Mitchell: 0-6, 4 Ks

I know it's probably just because of the double header, but maybe the 2 IP from Reed is just the beginning of a process of stretching him out to be a starter. One can hope at least.

Mitchell salvaged the day (kinda) with a HR.

Reed has gone 2 innings a few times this year. I doubt they're stretching him out.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
Nice day for Blanke and Black-

Blanke 6-9, 2B, HR, SO

Black 5-7, 4 2B, 2 BB, SO.

Blanke up to .305/.359/.542, Black at .298/.375/.526.

It's so hard for me to excited about Sox prospect anymore, let alone two guys who are 22 and 23 are Low-A. Blanke, I will give him some slack since he is a catcher and was a 2010 draftee, but I need to see their talents against better competition before I get excited.

Nice work thus far though. Rather have this, obviously, than performing bad in Low-A.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
It's so hard for me to excited about Sox prospect anymore, let alone two guys who are 22 and 23 are Low-A. Blanke, I will give him some slack since he is a catcher and was a 2010 draftee, but I need to see their talents against better competition before I get excited.

Nice work thus far though. Rather have this, obviously, than performing bad in Low-A.

I love Blanke and to me is the best catching prospect in the system, and I'm biased toward Black because I knew him a bit in Purdue and want him to succeed badly here.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
I love Blanke and to me is the best catching prospect in the system, and I'm biased toward Black because I knew him a bit in Purdue and want him to succeed badly here.

I want to see a report on how Blanke is defensively, but he is a guy that excites me.