Winning errrr.....Ugly?

forkit

Winning Stupid!!! doesn't trip off the tongue...

Winning Ugly!!! has been used...

How about:

Winning Butt Ugly!!!©

For me, wins are wins. I have been around long enough to know that in the end, the W's count.

In May and June, we would have lost every one of these ugly games and spent days agonizing over the "what ifs..."

Now, we're winning these "butt ugly" wins and we're...well, spending days agonizing how awful the wins looked.

BMR has been saying this team ain't gonna win nothin! Maybe, maybe not. But I will say this: This team is winning the Butt Ugly games, and that's a change. Maybe they haven't yet learned how to win them elegantly. Maybe that will come as the team matures in late August/September.

Will they win the division? Dunno.

But remember this: It's August 7th and we're still in it to win it and we're filling up the Cell and then spending hours agonizing over how ugly the win was...Think about it! Sounds like a ballclub that's in a passionate divisional race.

If we were winning these games butt ugly and had a sloppy ten game lead, maybe the team wouldn't be learning anything. But maybe this team has to be "forged in the fire" before becoming a solid winning club for the playoffs.

Hey, they won. Butt Ugly!© It's a beautiful thing!

Forkit!

It's August 7th and we're still in it to win it and we're filling up the Cell

Yes, we're still in it, but to say that we're "filling up the Cell" remains to be seen. Selling a lot of tickets against a division rival on half-price night isn't saying much. We'll see how many show up for today's mid-week afternoon game. That will tell us a lot about Sox fans. I'm predicting around 28,000.

Yes, we're still in it, but to say that we're "filling up the Cell" remains to be seen.  Selling a lot of tickets against a division rival on half-price night isn't saying much.  We'll see how many show up for today's mid-week afternoon game.  That will tell us a lot about Sox fans.  I'm predicting around 28,000.

I want to see how many people come out for a wednesday game against Anaheim in 2 weeks. Today should also be interesting, although you can't knock the crowd much because most people can't get there because they are working (like me)

I want to see how many people come out for a wednesday game against Anaheim in 2 weeks.  Today should also be interesting, although you can't knock the crowd much because most people can't get there because they are working (like me)

I just went and looked up tickets for todays game, and unless a bunch of tickets get sold, I think we are looking at a crowd in the low 20'sK. There were still 13th row seats available in 153.

I just went and looked up tickets for todays game, and unless a bunch of tickets get sold, I think we are looking at a crowd in the low 20'sK.  There were still 13th row seats available in 153.

I'll take that. You can't expect much more than that, Sox fans have jobs, unlike Cubs fans

Yes, we're still in it, but to say that we're "filling up the Cell" remains to be seen.  Selling a lot of tickets against a division rival on half-price night isn't saying much.  We'll see how many show up for today's mid-week afternoon game.  That will tell us a lot about Sox fans.  I'm predicting around 28,000.

I'll take 28,000 for an afternoon game. And that's better than the almost 24,000 paid the night before (47 some odd thousand / half price night). As long as we hang around, people will come.

I'll take 28,000 for an afternoon game.  And that's better than the almost 24,000 paid the night before (47 some odd thousand / half price night).  As long as we hang around, people will come.

About 9K of those were comp'd.

Wouldn't be 100,000 without the half price, drunks though, which sucks.

What does half price have to do with anything. Nobody should have to pay $14 to sit in the UD in the corners. With parking and concessions, I am sure they make more than they would at 20,000 full priced tickets.

When is 20,000 for a wednesday afternoon after drawing 88,000 the previous two days, a bad thing.

If the Sox dropped prices and 2M fans showed up would you then complain that they should charge more for?????

I don't see the point. 5 arrests for fighting out of 44,000 people is not that bad. Did you read about the two guys that fought 5 cops after the cub game last week?

Lets see we want fans to show up so we can sign players but they have to sit quietly and not disturb you or Ed Farmer, give me a break.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Lets see we want fans to show up so we can sign players but they have to sit quietly and not disturb you or Ed Farmer, give me a break.

lol....... yeah you dont want to piss farmer off... he will send security down to make you be quiet............ :rolleyes:

What does half price have to do with anything.  Nobody should have to pay $14 to sit in the UD in the corners.  With parking and concessions, I am sure they make more than they would at 20,000 full priced tickets.

When is 20,000 for a wednesday afternoon after drawing 88,000 the previous two days, a bad thing.

If the Sox dropped prices and 2M fans showed up would you then complain that they should charge more for?????

I don't see the point.  5 arrests for fighting out of 44,000 people is not that bad.  Did you read about the two guys that fought 5 cops after the cub game last week?

That's bulls***. Fights are unacceptable at these games, there's families and kids and everything else there. I don't know if you were there, but some of these fights effected innocent onlookers. They spill over on people in the upper deck. I don't get how people say it's ok if these fights happen or we should expect it to happen with big crowds.

Also, there are a s***load of people that come out to these games because it's half price night, ever notice how those walkup crowds are bigger than most of the other games? Of course people should still pay 14 to sit in the upper deck corners - i would

If you are a real fan, you don't just go on the half price nights because you can save money, and the people who aren't fans at all are the ones showing up on these half price nights. So yes, you wouldn't get sold out crowds, at this point, without the half price trashy drunks. They are out in strong numbers in the upper deck and causing tons of problems. Monday was a friggin circus, Tuesday wasn't as bad; but it's a joke either way.

Wow! I didn't start this post about attendence...Oh, well. I guess folks focus on whatever they want and then run with it.

Anyway...I hope Bartolocolon [as my three year old calls him] pitches a nice complete game and the rain stays until KC is sitting at the airport running for their lives.

Forkit!

Didn't hear about those. I knew about the G'ment employees though.

First line of Morrissey's column in the Trib today...

"Attendance at Tuesday night's White Sox game was boosted by 7,000 free tickets given to people who had donated blood through the Red Cross, but let's face it, if you follow the Sox, you're giving blood regularly."

There was a lot of Armed Forces personnel at the ticket booths in the afternoon like you stated.