6/20 Games

danman31

Great Falls wins their opener with Gehle getting the win. Stars of the game were Qualon Millender who went 3-6 with a triple and two singles and Johnny Bachanov who gave up one hit and struck out four in two innings of relief. Three homeruns on the night (Thorpe, Haddow, and Herbek) by the Voyagers while belting 13 hits on the night. Some sloppy play with a few errors, but all in all a solid first game.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 12:27 AM)
I'll start paying attention to Great Falls/Bristol when some of the signees start playing. I can't imagine anyone on that team right now is anything but a loooooooongshot prospect.

GF's Qualon Millender is the 2011 BaseballAmerica's Fastest Base-runner for the White Sox organization. Went 3-6 2R 3B 2RBI 2K tonight (Spent 2010 w. Bristol)

Also keep an eye on Jon Bachanov ('07 Angels' Supp. 1st Rounder) 2.0IP 1H 0R/ER 4K tonight in White Sox debut.

QUOTE (LayelBurton @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:13 AM)
GF's Qualon Millender is the 2011 BaseballAmerica's Fastest Base-runner for the White Sox organization. Went 3-6 2R 3B 2RBI 2K tonight (Spent 2010 w. Bristol)

Also keep an eye on Jon Bachanov ('07 Angels' Supp. 1st Rounder) 2.0IP 1H 0R/ER 4K tonight in White Sox debut.

Millender is what, like 24 years old in rookie ball? I'm not holding my breath on that guy.

However, Bachanov seems like an interesting arm. Former 1A pick who has put up great peripherals just about every year (although that's just in Rookie ball and low-A ball). Maybe he could be something.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/p...id=bachan001jon

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 12:38 AM)
Millender is what, like 24 years old in rookie ball? I'm not holding my breath on that guy.

However, Bachanov seems like an interesting arm. Former 1A pick who has put up great peripherals just about every year (although that's just in Rookie ball and low-A ball). Maybe he could be something.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/p...id=bachan001jon

I've talked to Bachanov a couple times since he's been in Great Falls. He told me that this is the first year since his surgery his arm has felt 100%. Also been told that due to his age and experience, Sox can only keep him in Great Falls 30 days on a rehab assignment basically. Guess in 30 days we'll see what his future with the White Sox looks like.

Edited by gfbaseball