SOX vs ROX

ParkerBear7

I live here in Denver area (Southside of Course!)and very excited to be going to a couple games this week when the SOX visit beautiful Coors Field. note: Has it been that long ago...Last time the Sox came to Denver, they won the WS!

Side Note:

This has always bothered me but why is the AL and NL unbalanced? The AL West has only four teams and I think the Rockies should be move to the AL West. I admit the motivation behind my suggestion includes that I would get to see the SOX every year here in Denver but does anyone have a clue what MLB is thinking?

I already posted a few weeks ago that I was excited that the White Sox were coming to Coors. I live in Colorado Springs (And no, I am not one of THOSE people from Colorado Springs.) and have tickets for my family for all 3 games. Can't wait!

BTW, did you ever go to the Aurelios Pizza in Parker? It closed a couple years ago, but it was a part of the same Chicago (Homewood, actually. My wife is from there.) chain. Same recipe. We used to drive up there every few weeks.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
I already posted a few weeks ago that I was excited that the White Sox were coming to Coors. I live in Colorado Springs (And no, I am not one of THOSE people from Colorado Springs.) and have tickets for my family for all 3 games. Can't wait!

BTW, did you ever go to the Aurelios Pizza in Parker? It closed a couple years ago, but it was a part of the same Chicago (Homewood, actually. My wife is from there.) chain. Same recipe. We used to drive up there every few weeks.

Yes, I went to TF South in Lansing so I know about Aurelios. BTW - the Parker location closed a few years ago (I live in Parker) and we now have Granellies Pizza, really good - owners is from Tinley Park, IL and has a location in Castle Rock as well.

We go every other week just about.

I am going to Wed & Thursday.

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 01:57 AM)
There has to be an even number of teams in each league. For scheduling purposes.

Exactly. Teams only ever have off days on Monday and Thursday. If they went with 15 teams per league, they would have to either A) start having some team off every day of the week (which would never happen because teams need the weekend draw) or B) interleague all year. Thats what their starting to get into with all the realignment talk. Personally I really do not want to see interleague all year, so I would rather they keep it how it is.

I'm making the trip, to add another notch on my MLB stadium belt. If I have the time I want to climb to the top of the second deck in center field, which supposedly has the seat which is furthest from home plate in any MLB stadium - but a great view of the mountains...

I'll be proudly wearing my AJ road jersey - GO SOX!!!

Jimmy, Longshot, ElGonzo, Kevo, Parker, Bob, etc.

Sounds like there'll be a few of us out there tonight, and for the series.

I've got obligation for tonight's game, but I was wondering if any of you will be going to Thursday afternoon's game and want to meet for a soda beforehand. There's any number of sports bars in the immediate area that are pretty much the same, so let me suggest The Sports Column at 1930 Blake Street (stone's throw from home plate) at around 11:30-noon. I'll be wearing the red '71-'75 cap.

I'm sitting in the WellsFargo club level tonight, but on Thursday, I'll be getting a ticket at the Park, or scalping something cheap just outside, which should be easy on a weekday afternoon.

I'm posted this in each of our threads to make sure we see it. Don't know how to merge, sorry.

Hope to see you Thursday!

I'm an extremely cordial, smart(?), dignified, and respectful baseball fan.. But all I can say about Coors Field is: f*** that place. I felt like I was at a golf tournament tonight. I watched a Rockies fan get kicked out for standing, I couldn't stand during exciting moments for the Sox without security coming at me, and Rockies fans are some of the least accommodating or kind fans I've encountered in MLB in my far and wide travels. Beautiful stadium.. A shame it's turned into a retirement home.

Edited by ChrisLikesBaseball

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)

I've got obligation for tonight's game, but I was wondering if any of you will be going to Thursday afternoon's game and want to meet for a soda beforehand. There's any number of sports bars in the immediate area that are pretty much the same, so let me suggest The Sports Column at 1930 Blake Street (stone's throw from home plate) at around 11:30-noon. I'll be wearing the red '71-'75 cap.

I'm sitting in the WellsFargo club level tonight, but on Thursday, I'll be getting a ticket at the Park, or scalping something cheap just outside, which should be easy on a weekday afternoon.

I'm posted this in each of our threads to make sure we see it. Don't know how to merge, sorry.

I will be at Wed and Thursday game. Will see if I can get downtown early enough Thurs to stop into the Sports Column.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
I'm an extremely cordial, smart(?), dignified, and respectful baseball fan.. But all I can say about Coors Field is: f*** that place. I felt like I was at a golf tournament tonight. I watched a Rockies fan get kicked out for standing, I couldn't stand during exciting moments for the Sox without security coming at me, and Rockies fans are some of the least accommodating or kind fans I've encountered in MLB in my far and wide travels. Beautiful stadium.. A shame it's turned into a retirement home.

Wow, that sounds pretty bad.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)

I am not sure what time I will make it to the park on Thursday, but if I get there in time I will definitely stop by.