Which team won the Billy Koch/Keith Foulke trade?

IlliniKrush

I gotta wait to see Neil Cotts pitch before I can truly say who won.  But no doubt at this point we got robbed.  I've always thought we shoulda gave Foulke another chance.  We give up on guys too early...

i think you missed why i put that up there....(click the link)

I gotta wait to see Neil Cotts pitch before I can truly say who won.  But no doubt at this point we got robbed.  I've always thought we shoulda gave Foulke another chance.  We give up on guys too early...

I'm pretty confident that, when all is said and done, that Koch-Cotts/Foulke-Johnson-Valentine will be bad big trade number 3 for KW.

I assume #1 is Wells-for-Sirotka(Shouldergate)

#2 is Toad-for-Wells, Fogg, and Lowe(:fyou Ritchie)

#3 is Koch(plus Cotts and Holt)-for-Foulke, MJ, and Valentine

All 3 are blockbuster deals.

no way in hell................... tor and chi trade.//////////

royce clayton has to be the worst............ berry/berry................ wells and co/ritchie

royce clayton has to be the worst............ berry/berry................ wells and co/ritchie

Klayton was a bad acquisition. Barry/Berry was pure comedy but not alot of people outside of the diehards even remember that deal. IMHO, witesoxfan hit the big 3 right on the head.

Klayton was a bad acquisition. Barry/Berry was pure comedy but not alot of people outside of the diehards even remember that deal. IMHO, witesoxfan hit the big 3 right on the head.

I hear alot of talk of the Barry/Berry trade, but have no clue what it means. Somebody please explain in detail.

holt has been dreadful in A ball

we've seen Koch.

If we don't get anything out of Cotts, the Foulke trade will be Number Two -- behind Toad for Wells and Fogg

and, for the record, we got Clayton for Aaron Myette and Brian Schmack.

I believe Texas, which would would consider Ritchie a Cy Young candidate, has already given up on Myette.

let's hope Foulke doesn't get any saves this weekend.

I hear alot of talk of the Barry/Berry trade, but have no clue what it means. Somebody please explain in detail.

Don't know which "Be(a)rry" KW arranged for, but KW made a deal with LA for a 20-something prospect named "Berry." Problem was, KW mistakenly traded for a career minor league journeyman named "Barry."

Dumbass KW was off by a letter and didn't notice it until the trade cleared the commish's desk.

The "E" and the "A" may be the other way around. Happened a few years ago and I'm too lazy to look it up. But that's the Berry/Barry deal in a nutshell.

K-layton ranks as a bad acquisition. I don't think we traded anyone for him. I could be mistaken though  :huh: .

That's a 2 seasons of White Sox history I'd like to forget.

a minor league pitcher i think his name is arron mayette or something like that

KW has made, IMO, 4 blockbuster deals. 1 of the 4 has worked out.

Wells for Sirotka was a s***ty deal because of what occurred after that. All the controversy was terrible for baseball, not only the White Sox. David Wells could have won 15 games for all I care. That's a bad baseball move. Then KW lied his way through the whole thing, saying he had no idea that Sirotka's shoulder was as messed up as it was. Yeah right....biggest asshole ever.

Toad for Wells, Fogg, and Lowe....no explanation needed.

Koch and two minor leaguers for Foulke, Mark Johnson, and Joe Valentine. Way to go KW, give Oakland the best closer in the league, a very good backup catcher, and another prospect that went towards getting Jose Guillen. What do we have to show for it? Koch's 5.55 or something ERA, a prospect in Holt who is lost and probably never will make it to the majors, and a decent pitching prospect. Gee, I wonder who won that deal?

Hernandez for Osuna and Lantigua, and then Colon for Hernandez, Biddle, and Liefer was an incredibly good deal. He gave up 2 relievers(I wouldn't mind having Biddle right now, but, eh, what can you do? Gotta give up some to get some, right?), a decent, but not great by any means, prospect in Lantigua, and Liefer, who is s***ty, for Colon, who is a horse by all means. That is the only move that could be considered a blockbuster that has worked out for the best as far as everything is concerned.

Adkins for Durham, Myette for Choice, Baldwin for Masaoka, Majewski(I think), and Berry/Barry(that really wasn't a bad move, just bad for the White Sox to look so stupid, getting the wrong Be(a)rry), all were probably bad moves, but they were not blockbuster deals. Most of them will not effect a team drastically, but some do(for instance, Myette for Choice, or Guerrier for Marte and Yan...one for better, one for worse).

There are also some moves, such as Ring, Almonte, and Salvo or whatever his name was for Alomar, and Webster, Rupe, and Fransisco for Everett....no brainers. Glover for Schow....no brainer. Anyone can make those moves. Anyone can sign Loaiza, Daubach, Burke, Gordon, etc....free agent signings.

In my mind, KW has made a couple really good trades as GM of the White Sox. He traded Lofton for Diaz and Meaux. Diaz will probably be a good pitcher some day, and Meaux could be a decent lefty out of the pen. That was not his best deal, but was a good deal. Not only did it do that, but it helped the chemistry tremendously. I'd heard several stories about that prick Lofton, and I am glad he is on the Northside. Another good move was trading Alomar Jr. Not only did it open up a roster spot so we could see what JP and MJ were made of(not good, to say the least), but it got us a pretty good prospect, to tell you the truth. Pacheco will be a solid major leaguer some day as well. Another was trading Bobby Howry. We got 2 minor leaguers for Howry, and he might have pitched against a few of their teams this year. I think you get my drift. The other one was the Colon deal. I've explained my reasoning. I like the Marte deal, but we almost got too lucky on that one. I like the Alomar, Everett, and Schow deals, but again, those are no brainers.

KW just should never, ever make another blockbuster deal again, without someone helping him through it(like Cashman did in the Colon deal). I mean, if you can only succeed at part of your job 25% of the time, you are either a mediocre ballplayer, or you should be fired. It's one or the other.