2 nuggets from last night

StatManDu

Danks posted the first complete game shutout by a Sox pitcher in Seattle since Jack McDowell accomplished the feat on Aug. 1, 1993

Danks' complete game shutout was the first by a Sox lefty in Seattle since Floyd Bannister did it on Sept. 13, 1987

Now you know!

QUOTE (StatManDu @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
Danks posted the first complete game shutout by a Sox pitcher in Seattle since Jack McDowell accomplished the feat on Aug. 1, 1993

Danks' complete game shutout was the first by a Sox lefty in Seattle since Floyd Bannister did it on Sept. 13, 1987

Now you know!

Cool! He was awesome. Another "nugget". We were sitting behind the Sox dugout and got a kick out of Ozzie several times chucking peanuts at the Moose (Mariners' mascot).

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
Cool! He was awesome. Another "nugget". We were sitting behind the Sox dugout and got a kick out of Ozzie several times chucking peanuts at the Moose (Mariners' mascot).

lol that's awesome. People can love or hate Ozzie as much as they want, but the guy loves to have fun....sometimes too much.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
lol that's awesome. People can love or hate Ozzie as much as they want, but the guy loves to have fun....sometimes too much.

How can you not love Oz? What a character!

I can't wait until he goes to Florida and we're back to boring zombies like Manuel and Bevington.

I want him gone.

We'll appreciate him more when he's gone. How can a World Series manager be so bad? I'll never get it.

I do think it's time for him to go. Back to boring old managers.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)

I can't wait until he goes to Florida and we're back to boring zombies like Manuel and Bevington.

I want him gone.

We'll appreciate him more when he's gone. How can a World Series manager be so bad? I'll never get it.

:notworthy

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)

I want him gone.

I see what you did there.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)

Got to say it again BigEd I am happy for you to be able to see that 3 game sweep. Lucky you. I did see all of it on TV though

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)

Ozzie's a f***ing moron who would rather goof off than pay attention to the smaller aspects of the game, apparently. I'm tired of the happy-go-lucky manager who gets fired up and swears and calls people "queers". Be gone with him.