Obama sends 100 troops to Africa to fight LRA

bmags

What The Hell?

Two days ago, the U.S. deployed combat troops to central Africa to serve as advisers to regional forces battling the Lord's Resistance Army. News of the deployment came a few minutes ago in a letter dated today from President Obama to John Boehner (R-OH), speaker of the House, and Sen. Daniel Inouye (D-HI), president pro tempore of the Senate. The letter was released publicly by the White House.

A total of 100 combat-equipped troops will eventually be deployed, with the rest being dispatched in the coming days, according to the letter. "However, although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense," Obama writes.

We'll have more on this surprise move and what exactly the LRA is shortly.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2011...l.php?ref=fpblg

My first guess was this was a liberal attack on Rush Limbaugh, so I started searching the net, assuming I would find what Rush really said. Checking http://www.rushlimbaugh.com first I came upon this transcript http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2011/10/...gets_christians wow, I'll bet Rush wants that one back.

I guess his Nobel Peace Prize was getting bored and needed to be involved in yet another war. Do you think Code Pink will protest THIS one? They still stuck on Bush and Cheney, but wont say a peep about der komander getting us involved in even more conflicts.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 01:53 PM)
I guess his Nobel Peace Prize was getting bored and needed to be involved in yet another war. Do you think Code Pink will protest THIS one? They still stuck on Bush and Cheney, but wont say a peep about der komander getting us involved in even more conflicts.

What is this, 6, 7 countries we're now actively fighting/bombing? I'm war-protested-out.

Maybe a top tier tax hike and a few large banks broken up would reenergize me.

Here is what's odd to me. I'm fairly certain that at any given time, the US has military assets in small numbers in probably a dozen or more countries around the globe, doing things much like this. What seems to be different here is, we're announcing it. So the question really should be, why were we told about this one?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
Here is what's odd to me. I'm fairly certain that at any given time, the US has military assets in small numbers in probably a dozen or more countries around the globe, doing things much like this. What seems to be different here is, we're announcing it. So the question really should be, why were we told about this one?

The President notified Congress of this, meaning either the Speaker of the House decided to leak it (unlikely) or they consider this a large enough campaign that it couldn't be simply run as a "Black Ops" move.

hey look over here! :lookatme

I wonder what we are doing over there ------------------------------------------------>