SOX WIN! SOX WIN!

Steve9347

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 03:07 PM)
Also, good to finally win a laugher after the last month or so. Especially against an AWFUL Twins team. I mean honestly, they never had what you'd call "great" players in the early 00's division run, but the philosophy was what made them winners. I don't think the philosophy has changed, and the players are just as mediocre so what's the difference? Target Field?

Yes, I predicted two years ago the grass field would be the end of the "slap bouncer hit through hole" winning method that frustrated me for soooo long.

Now they can't tailor a team around their park....the way BOS loads up on lefties for their short RF fence

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
Yes, I predicted two years ago the grass field would be the end of the "slap bouncer hit through hole" winning method that frustrated me for soooo long.

Now they can't tailor a team around their park....the way BOS loads up on lefties for their short RF fence

It amazes me how a team can build an organization from top to bottom with one type of player, and then build a ballpark that does the complete opposite.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 04:31 PM)
It amazes me how a team can build an organization from top to bottom with one type of player, and then build a ballpark that does the complete opposite.

Hawk keeps saying that Terry Ryan had major influence into the ballpark design too.