• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two new updates!

http://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2012/08/0...-sox-vs-royals/

http://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2012/08/0...gh-effn-royals/

Hope we can pull it together for the A's this weekend!

I will be there Friday night for sure, if anyone has any extras for Sat or Sun let me know! mysoxsummer@gmail.com

Thanks for reading guys!

GO SOX! :gosoxretro:

Man I wish this whole thing was true for LD seats only. I just cant stand sitting in the UD anymore, not just for a sox game for anything. I maintain the view that once you are a working professional there is no need to every sit in the UD unless its for Game 7 of the WS or the Super Bowl. The view is much better from my living room couch and 52" LED HDTV and if you really value being at the park pay a few extra bucks and get a lower deck or outfield seat. There is something about the UD that just bothers me, I don't like feeling so disconnected from the field of play and the core audience and the players themselves. I have always found the crowds to be better in the LD, the UD IMO is always fulls of discount ticket buyers, groupons, teachers night, church groups, kids camps......Im just saying there is a time and a place for that and I feel like at age 28 now that time has passed by.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 04:14 PM)
Man I wish this whole thing was true for LD seats only. I just cant stand sitting in the UD anymore, not just for a sox game for anything. I maintain the view that once you are a working professional there is no need to every sit in the UD unless its for Game 7 of the WS or the Super Bowl. The view is much better from my living room couch and 52" LED HDTV and if you really value being at the park pay a few extra bucks and get a lower deck or outfield seat. There is something about the UD that just bothers me, I don't like feeling so disconnected from the field of play and the core audience and the players themselves. I have always found the crowds to be better in the LD, the UD IMO is always fulls of discount ticket buyers, groupons, teachers night, church groups, kids camps......Im just saying there is a time and a place for that and I feel like at age 28 now that time has passed by.

Well you are certainly entitled to you opinion. :gosoxretro:

If you read my blog you would see that I am not what one would consider a "working professional" so while it may only seem like a "few bucks" to you, it is a game for me. I get into most games for $10, including LD seats. A jump from $18 (Prime UR) to $38 (Prime Bleachers) is a big jump. I also like being on the side to see the pitch, just a personal preference for me.

I've been to 33 games so far, and I will say that if I am in the first few rows in the UD it is just as good as the LD. I don't mind being in either, but the crowd is more annoying (to me) in the LD. Lotta families and people who feel they are entitled to get up whenever and just talk to one another instead of watching the game. Plus you have less room in most cases. I sat the highest I have ever sat yesterday and had one of the best times. Sat with 3 guys from Chicago that grew up with a good diet of southside baseball. The chat was awesome and best of all they gave me the seat for free.

You are hitting on one of the things I am trying to get across, no matter how much or how little you spend, it usually doesn't enhance the experience. I saw a great game on Sunday vs Sat (when the rally fell short) and I was in better seats for the L. When I went to fewer games, I would sit in closer seats most of the time. But doing what I am, trying to buy as much directly from the Sox as possible, UD is the best deal for me.

And honestly, if you enjoy your view on a TV better than UD seats, you don't love baseball. Just my view.

Good discussion. I also feel I'm at the point in life I wouldn't go to a game unless I had good lower level seats, but I can see why you like sitting in the upper tank. Your arguments are good ones. It always is nice to be able to spread out and watch a game, too. I'd sit up there if it was guaranteed that we had the whole area basically to ourselves.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)

Guy wants $90. I'll pass on that. Stub Hub has tix for $23 with the fees.

Do you think the "TAKEJAKE" code will work for 8/22? Not working now.

My birthday is 8/20, we'll see what I get for that. Ha.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:49 PM)
Good discussion. I also feel I'm at the point in life I wouldn't go to a game unless I had good lower level seats, but I can see why you like sitting in the upper tank. Your arguments are good ones. It always is nice to be able to spread out and watch a game, too. I'd sit up there if it was guaranteed that we had the whole area basically to ourselves.

There is no right or wrong here, but being close doesn't really do much for me. And I would rather see two more games then one game up close. Just my take. Hell, I think not having to sit through commercials and the fresh air is worth $10.

I'm gonna be 35, I've sat everywhere in a bunch of stadiums. UD at the Cell isn't that bad, trust me.

QUOTE (My_Sox_Summer @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
Guy wants $90. I'll pass on that. Stub Hub has tix for $23 with the fees.

Do you think the "TAKEJAKE" code will work for 8/22? Not working now.

My birthday is 8/20, we'll see what I get for that. Ha.

the vouchers he's selling donot allow you to redeem for yankees games. i asked for a better scan and read the fine print.

as for 8/22, use BULLS

Three new blogs posted about the A's series! I am on game #33. Had I not missed the Sunday game vs the Angels, I would be going to my 35th game on my 35h birthday. That would have been cool, damn you PBR!

Check them out! Go Sox!

http://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2012/08/1...1012-sox-vs-as/

http://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2012/08/1...1112-sox-vs-as/

http://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2012/08/1...1212-sox-vs-as/

Thanks for reading guys!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
Exactly how close do you live, and do you have a parking space? I'd think people would buy you a $20 ticket in exchange for use of your parking spot.

I have 4 parking passes. I think we thought that more of our friends would be using them but that hasn't happened. If anyone wants to walk the distance (less than a mile, takes me about 10-15 mins) let me know. You can park within a few bocks of my place, but they do check to make sure you live close.

If we make the playoffs, might make a pretty decent trade.

j

hj

QUOTE (My_Sox_Summer @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
Well you are certainly entitled to you opinion. :gosoxretro:

If you read my blog you would see that I am not what one would consider a "working professional" so while it may only seem like a "few bucks" to you, it is a game for me. I get into most games for $10, including LD seats. A jump from $18 (Prime UR) to $38 (Prime Bleachers) is a big jump. I also like being on the side to see the pitch, just a personal preference for me.

I've been to 33 games so far, and I will say that if I am in the first few rows in the UD it is just as good as the LD. I don't mind being in either, but the crowd is more annoying (to me) in the LD. Lotta families and people who feel they are entitled to get up whenever and just talk to one another instead of watching the game. Plus you have less room in most cases. I sat the highest I have ever sat yesterday and had one of the best times. Sat with 3 guys from Chicago that grew up with a good diet of southside baseball. The chat was awesome and best of all they gave me the seat for free.

You are hitting on one of the things I am trying to get across, no matter how much or how little you spend, it usually doesn't enhance the experience. I saw a great game on Sunday vs Sat (when the rally fell short) and I was in better seats for the L. When I went to fewer games, I would sit in closer seats most of the time. But doing what I am, trying to buy as much directly from the Sox as possible, UD is the best deal for me.

And honestly, if you enjoy your view on a TV better than UD seats, you don't love baseball. Just my view.

I really dislike the view from the UD, for all sporting events. It was fine when I was a kid or teen, but now I cant see what I want to see from the UD. I dont like the viewing angle, the appearance of the game play at that scale. I want to see the break of the pitches and movement in/out of the zone, I want to see the reactions of players and coaches and umpires, I want to see the flight path of the ball, I want to hear the thud of the bat and pop of the catchers mit, sounds from the field, and things the players say/scream. I find that experience is not possible in the UD. Even if I was offered free UD tickets to a regular game I wouldnt go. Sitting on my couch with that 52" HD TV and my Twitter feed open interacting with Chicago Sports Media during the game is much more enjoyable than watching players look like ants from row 12 of the UD. Lower Deck Im there anyday, even the outfield is great with that nice big concourse to hang out for a bit and stretch out, grab a drink, always run into a friend, and still see the game....such a better experience!

Edited by joeynach

QUOTE (joeynach @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 11:04 AM)
j

hj

I really dislike the view from the UD, for all sporting events. It was fine when I was a kid or teen, but now I cant see what I want to see from the UD. I dont like the viewing angle, the appearance of the game play at that scale. I want to see the break of the pitches and movement in/out of the zone, I want to see the reactions of players and coaches and umpires, I want to see the flight path of the ball, I want to hear the thud of the bat and pop of the catchers mit, sounds from the field, and things the players say/scream. I find that experience is not possible in the UD. Even if I was offered free UD tickets to a regular game I wouldnt go. Sitting on my couch with that 52" HD TV and my Twitter feed open interacting with Chicago Sports Media during the game is much more enjoyable than watching players look like ants from row 12 of the UD. Lower Deck Im there anyday, even the outfield is great with that nice big concourse to hang out for a bit and stretch out, grab a drink, always run into a friend, and still see the game....such a better experience!

And how do you feel about the lower corners? or section 164/100 when you get past the first 8 rows, and the view is obstructed?

New Blogs Posted!

http://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2012/08/2...birthday-to-me/

http://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2012/08/2...2-sox-vs-yanks/

http://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2012/08/2...sox-vs-seattle/

http://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2012/08/2...-another-sweep/

Fun week at the ballpark. Two sweeps. Hope they win some on the road this week!

Thanks for reading guys! And please share with your other Sox friends!

• 2 weeks later...

New blogs posted guys! I am at game 40 with a total of $315 spent. Check out the new posts!

http://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2012/09/0...2-sox-vs-twins/

http://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2012/09/0...the-whole-game/

http://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2012/09/0...2-sox-vs-twins/

Thanks for reading! Just 10 more to make my goal, it's been fun, let's finish strong.

GO SOX! :gosoxretro:

Hey Guys- I am looking for a little press as I have come to the final 10 games of my 50 game quest. I have been looking on the net to find most of the beat writers for the Sox as well as the guys who are on the radio too.

Who do you think I should contact? Names are great and so are emails!

Thanks guys! Two new blogs going up soon, plus I am at the Tigers series all week.

Thanks!