Time to revisit the 2nd Amendment?

BigSqwert

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 03:48 PM)
So again, to the point you never responded to the first time you made this argument -- 2 years ago Obama should have laid down and signed any Tea Party bill that crossed his desk, right? Meaning we shouldn't have Obamacare as law right now.

in what world did the tea party control all of congress? the tea party is just loud, they still weren't the majority

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 03:42 PM)
And to what degree we don't know. Maybe the school will keep a single gun locked in a safe only to be used in emergencies. It's up to the individual school districts. All this is doing is providing people with police-level training (the same test administrated to police officers) in the use of firearms.

Who cares, you made an polar-opposite prediction from what Balta said and indicated that we're going to be getting strong gun controls and that talking about arming teachers is just silly because it's not going to happen.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 03:44 PM)
in what world did the tea party control all of congress? the tea party is just loud, they still weren't the majority

In what world do the Dems control Congress today? Why should Republicans lie down when they control the House?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 03:46 PM)
Who cares, you made an polar-opposite prediction from what Balta said and indicated that we're going to be getting strong gun controls and that talking about arming teachers is just silly because it's not going to happen.

Because 600 people voluntarily signing up for free firearms training = arming all teachers with guns.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
In what world do the Dems control Congress today? Why should Republicans lie down when they control the House?

Only because of gerrymandering. Dems got 2 million more votes. ;)

The people support Obama and democratic policies. Deal with it.

Tyranny of the majority. Happened with Bush, happening with Obama.

The one way to really stem the tide of it is leaving more up to state and local governments, but the liberal obsession with forcing others to do what you want them to has prohibited that.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 08:23 PM)
Tyranny of the majority. Happened with Bush, happening with Obama.

The one way to really stem the tide of it is leaving more up to state and local governments, but the liberal obsession with forcing others to do what you want them to has prohibited that.

then you would literally have Civil War 2... which ... i'm not actually all that opposed to...

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 08:43 AM)
Another law abiding Chicagoan murdered because he had no way to defend himself. The first of what will surely be many in 2013, good work liberals! You've really done a fine job with this city.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/b...0,6954147.story

Of course he could have defended himself. He probably had several credit cards in his wallet.

Of course he could have defended himself. He probably had several credit cards in his wallet.

I'm glad you find it funny that a guy who had the audacity to own and operate his own business got killed while fleeing his attackers.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 08:45 AM)
I'm glad you find it funny that a guy who had the audacity to own and operate his own business got killed while fleeing his attackers.

I don't find that funny. You're pretty bad an interpreting my feelings. Besides, people could use anything as a weapon to defend themselves. Credit cards, hammers, pencils, you name it.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)
Another law abiding Chicagoan murdered because he had no way to defend himself. The first of what will surely be many in 2013, good work liberals! You've really done a fine job with this city.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/b...0,6954147.story

There is such a gigantic disconnect here. Clearly, the way to stop people from needlessly being shot with guns is not to ban guns, but to make them more readily available? I don't get how your brain can be so broken.

There is such a gigantic disconnect here. Clearly, the way to stop people from needlessly being shot with guns is not to ban guns, but to make them more readily available? I don't get how your brain can be so broken.

Because banning things suddenly just removes them from society right? How's that war on drugs going?

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 08:51 AM)
Because banning things suddenly just removes them from society right? How's that war on drugs going?

Funny how so many conservatives think that banning abortion will eliminate abortions but banning guns won't do anything whatsoever.