Finding a GP in Chicago

bmags

So, I never had a "doctor" growing up. My mom always took me around to different clinics. I also rarely was sick. The consequence is now I have no idea where to go when I need a GP and dread dealing with it. Last year I just randomly chose two GPs based off location in my insurance web site, and they were dreadful experiences.

Does anyone know a good network to look into? All of my friends still go home to their docs and that's too far for me.

Any help appreciated.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)
So, I never had a "doctor" growing up. My mom always took me around to different clinics. I also rarely was sick. The consequence is now I have no idea where to go when I need a GP and dread dealing with it. Last year I just randomly chose two GPs based off location in my insurance web site, and they were dreadful experiences.

Does anyone know a good network to look into? All of my friends still go home to their docs and that's too far for me.

Any help appreciated.

Dr Connelley over on North and Milwaukee was pretty awesome when I lived near Wicker Park. Northwestern Memorial Physicians group.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
Target has a doctor's office?

A number of places like Target, CVS, and Walgreens are developing small, cheap facilities, staffed usually by nurse practitioners, who can provide basic services like lab tests, flu shots, physicals, etc.

They're quite useful, particularly if you don't have an existing relationship with a physician.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
A number of places like Target, CVS, and Walgreens are developing small, cheap facilities, staffed usually by nurse practitioners, who can provide basic services like lab tests, flu shots, physicals, etc.

They're quite useful, particularly if you don't have an existing relationship with a physician.

I use this for common cold, but I had bronchitis quite often and am good at getting ahead of the symptoms. Sometimes, not so good.