whitesox247

Guest hotsoxchick1
At the ballpark tonight. Shows what a big difference those half-price nights can do.

well considering that alot of schools have started back up now around here and take into consideration that some of us have to work for a living, lol... thats not bad of a turn out for a week day......im sure youll see alot more with the weekend coming up.... ;) dont sweat it.......

Serious question...

Why not have half-price night EVERY night for the rest of the season? The Sox clearly aren't going to draw over 20,000 otherwise, right? So why not allow people in for half price, charge the same for parking, and the same for food/drinks? In the end, they would make more money, and would have better crowds to root the Sox along. Is there some reason that I'm missing as to why this would not work? :huh:

Serious question...

Why not have half-price night EVERY night for the rest of the season?  The Sox clearly aren't going to draw over 20,000 otherwise, right?  So why not allow people in for half price, charge the same for parking, and the same for food/drinks?  In the end, they would make more money, and would have better crowds to root the Sox along.  Is there some reason that I'm missing as to why this would not work? :huh:

ummmm not a logical one, no. For the week day games, anyway.

Serious question...

Why not have half-price night EVERY night for the rest of the season?  The Sox clearly aren't going to draw over 20,000 otherwise, right?  So why not allow people in for half price, charge the same for parking, and the same for food/drinks?  In the end, they would make more money, and would have better crowds to root the Sox along.  Is there some reason that I'm missing as to why this would not work? :huh:

I like it!

Serious question...

If you buy one of those packages you get 15 buy one get one free coupons, so , in essence, they have made the rest of the season half priced. I think what it does show is , that while Sox tickets are fairly cheap compared to those of other teams, they are definitely overpriced for their market.

Yes. And Dick, they are not overpriced in THEIR market.

A team loaded with talent that's in the hunt for a playoff spot in the 3rd biggest market in America, and they can't draw more than 20,000 unless it's a half-price night? There is something very wrong with that picture.

Serious question...

Uncle Jerry is wishing death upon you right now. How dare you ome up with an idea that would make more money for the organization and cost the fans less!

What really gets me is people b**** about the prices, but a lot of people blow a ton of money on beer, food and gift shop crap.

I think the prices are kida high, but these athletes are over priced also.

Yes. And Dick, they are not overpriced in THEIR market.

I think the upper deck tickets are overpriced for the Sox customer base. No one sits in the upper deck if its full price but half price it gets pretty full. The big problem is the cheapest full price ticket is $14, to sit high up in a much maligned upper deck. The problem with cutting the ticket price in half is more people would show up and the Sox would have to pay rent, offsetting much if not all of the increased revenue from these sales.

I think the upper deck tickets are overpriced for the Sox customer base. No one sits in the upper deck if its full price but half price it gets pretty full. The big problem is the cheapest full price ticket is $14, to sit high up in a much maligned upper deck. The problem with cutting the ticket price in half is more people would show up and the Sox would have to pay rent, offsetting much if not all of the increased revenue from these sales.

$14 for the upper deck? At Dodger Stadium, you can sit in either the upper deck or the bleachers for $6. :o